GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: A vid showing how to open the doors and hood on an BMW i8 if the power goes out

Default A vid showing how to open the doors and hood on an BMW i8 if the power goes out

Stuff's --I guess the front "hood" is where the electrical engine is located? Gotta love the BMW mechanic guy implying that the front hood "really shouldn't be opened anywhere other than in a shop"

"..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Additionally, you have to smile when the guy points out that the only way to hold the front hood open is to shove a screwdriver in a hinge hole on each side (and that two people are required to open the hood to keep it from flexing and scratching.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Not real impressed, like a brand new substandard vehicle. Can't open the hood with one person?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

It's clearly a prototype. They've taken it to production without adequate testing. No doubt marketing demanded it be released as its 'good enough' in their eyes.

After the first model they'll have garnered enough user feedback (burned new customers) that they'll demand the sensible door latches and hood hatch be fitted, let alone fix the problem causing the hood to flex, etc.

What a professional result! Gotta love it when marketing starts calls the shots in engineering dept.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!