GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio dead after telephone removal / OBC PPPP Code

Well my radio is different, does have a fuse was good but replaced anyways. No love. Treated all connections with stabilant 22A, put it all together and nothing. New thing is the radio theft light don't flash. Checked and changed the radio fuse even tho it checked out fine. Someone was definitely in here, sticker said something about some radio place, didn't take pictures tho.

Have to figure out what program actually works to decode radios since I have the one from the 540 sitting in the driveway.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Swapped the radios and now I get a code message. Double checked the old radio and still dead so at least I am sure. Now to get a code without paying a bunch, will try calling the dealer this week and see if this actually is real.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Called the dealer just now and got a code and it worked! 21111
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Wow! The reception issue I always had with this car is now resolved. Used to be 4 stations that would tune in on a scan, now there are dozens. The old radio also had no stickers except from some repair place back in 2003. Overall this has been a great improvement project.

Also this was the first time I removed a radio in the E34, couldn't have been simpler to swap them out. Always thought there was some elusive slider thing that was tricky, don't know why I thought that. Just 2 little torx bits and it slides right out. Didn't have such a small bit so I used a tiny screwdriver.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 03-08-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    ... don't know why I thought that. Just 2 little torx bits and it slides right out. Didn't have such a small bit so I used a tiny screwdriver.
    The radio mount is well done. The connector can get very hard to detach, if noone has done it for a while.

Generally it's just the little things in the e34 dash are what require prior reading :-)

The cause of the reception issue is either the antenna connector, cable or amplifier or the 'FM front end' (a shielded circuit board inside the radio itself- they tend to go bad over time in all FM radios- components just die out and they stop receiving properly)

Cooking with tunes again tho, Jeff- good stuff

I'm gonna do the gaskets in mine, it outputs smells under the hood when cold and must have a huge air leak, unless someone punched the cats through. It goes real hard when warmed up (Cold works fine too, but I don't really know, never push it. It sure does backfire into the intake when engine braking, So she needs some love before copping any abuse)
    Last edited by genphreak; 03-20-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12