GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi again

Default Hi again

I am finally able to post again. Been busy for a while, check out the evil e34 eyes
    Name:  IMG_20131212_203317.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  53.7 KBName:  IMG_20131212_203411.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  33.5 KB
    I know some people don't like the conversion but at least people see me comming now and don,t pull out in front of me. I want to do all the rubber bushings on the car but can only find left hand drive kits on ebay, does anyone know what the difference is and which part ( I think there is only one) is different between the two. I have been in contact with one seller and they will try and help if I can give them the part number for the right hand drive one.
    1995 525i 225,000km Still stock for now

You mean the beer cans in the rear? That should be same for RHD and LHD. Or what else? Post the part numbers based on your VIN from www.realoem.com
    You can also check by yourselves then by using the part number and paste it on realoem into search by part number and then you know where that part number is used, all BMW with the same part number will pop up.

Welcome back! There shouldn't be any difference in anything except the center link AKA drag link. All the bushings should interchange.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thats what I thought, I did find a seller on ebay who stated there was one part different but I can"t find them again. I took shoguns advice and looked up the part numbers on real for the drag link and idler arm since I believe the difference would be to do with placement of steering box and so the conection would be changed, all else should be the same but both parts were listed for europe rhd and US vehicles so a little bit more checking might show something.

Thinking about it the centerlink might be the same as the idler arm and steering box just change sides. Just cross the numbers regarding bushings to be sure although I think their the same.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Hi Ferrett from Perth out west. AFAIK all parts will interchange except the steering box which is a mirror image casting (to attach to the other side chassis rail).

http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Mainte...ering_link.htm
    center tie rod (in Australia you call it draglink) is different RHD and LHD.
    This is for example for a RHD http://data.yiparts.com/Part/en/n/EEPM

Thanks everyone, if I could find the other seller on ebay again it would be easy since they advertised they would supply RHD or LHD on request. Somehow I knew SHOGUN would have or find the right info.

This is probably some confusion. An odd number means LHD , but in the case of bushings I hardly imagine they can be side specific.

What's the part numbers for LHD kits you found?

eBay is likely to give extra information that may be misleading.

deleted air conditioning

I think I fitted one on my RHD without any ill-effect, if it wasn't a LHD one I'm sure the US supplier would not have had it. There was no difference that I noticed at the time or afterwards.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast