GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 95 530 flash code

Default 95 530 flash code

Looks like something changed between 94 and 95 in the computers.

Floored it on the road, shifted 2nd and shutoff till I let off and hit the peddle again.
    Came back and retrieved this code. One long, one short. repeating.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Could be your fuel pump- or the fusible link (did you test radio/wipers or obc)

:-) Maybe the code is fuel supply.

Is yours EWS?

The difference in the ECU between 94 and 95 is just that. The 540 and 530 may even have the same ECU- am sure the ROM fitted to it is different tho.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

I think it is EWS though I don"t have a controller. Radio, wipers and OBC all work.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

If EWS is triggered fuel pump signal to the relay, the fuel system (IIRC pressure) failure faults will be held in ECU if it is the pump or some other catastrophic loss of pressure. I seriously doubt EWS can trigger during run time as that is not necessary and would pave the way for avoidable, dangerous failures in the field.

Take a good look at the fuel pump & crank sensor, and the fusible link if the intermittency prevents you testing the wipers or OBC when the condition occurs.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Only on occasion does it cut out, non repeatable... random. So the one long followed by one short code is normal for a 95?

What does EWS stand for anyways?
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 02-03-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

I guess there is no answer then. I repeated the problem, 3 times identical. Car has to be warmed up. Have to floor it from 10mph+ Fails 1-1.25 seconds into flooring it with the same time failing, then repeats long as you floor it. Has to be in 1st gear (auto trans). Ignition or some type of limiter... Did not get the rpm exact but think it was 3500 and not above 4000. I might replace the Dinan chip for shits and giggles.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

im gonna try this tomorrow on the way to work and let u know

If I recall correctly, that's an indeterminate code--i. e., the computer isn't going to tell you anything.
    I've experienced once when a DME was going bad, and once randomly. If you can afford the luxury of doing so, AND you really want to see the code, I'd reset it by pulling the battery for a couple of minutes. That resolved the situation for me in my latter instance.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 02-09-2014 at 06:48 AM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I did the batt disconnect while doing the steering wheel ordeal. Also unplugged the computer to check if it had a chip or not.

Todays test, over the cold blue temperature line but not quite half way. Boom boom boom between 3500-4000. I read the rpms this time and also in 2nd gear. The check engine did light each time. Went to get some food and came back, no issue the thing hammered right past 4K like nothing, no issues, it never dropped below 3500 on hammering the peddle at less than 20 MPH which it did earlier.

Wife who is observant says it only happens down hill, which is true so far. My 94 didn't care what I did, she is a good machine. I don't like this crap of not knowing what to do.

Slow roll so far has some limiter which I think is temperature limited but the wifes observation gets more interesting with the uphill/downhill idea.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

What did you get to eat?? Today just in the interest of assisting your query I give mine a good flogging on the way to work; run slow for 3 minutes in D to get out of residential limits, temp under 1/4 and the stopped. into 1st then tromped to 3500rpm then 2nd 3500rpm all good. all I got was a big grin, half a ciggie then I was at work. liveandcookin@ lizottes.com.au
    wish we had one in the states!
    Last edited by mattyb; 02-09-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: addition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast