GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Collectable are the 1995 E34 540I HE62 SERIES BMW?

Default How Collectable are the 1995 E34 540I HE62 SERIES BMW?

I have a 1995 E34 540i HE62 M60 series that I love and am in the process of rejuvenating it, but I'm interested to hear from those of you "in the know" as to how collectable or valuable they are when they are done up?

let us know the last 7 numbers of the VIN, then I can check the options the car was originally ordered

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    let us know the last 7 numbers of the VIN, then I can check the options the car was originally ordered
    Hi Shogun,
    the VIN# is WBAHE62050GF21274, and many thanks for the assistance.

hi techno welcome to the site! I have the same car its actually my second 540i he 62. as for collectability value I spent a while looking for a 1 owner in good nic and paid 6500, I do think I paid to much for it as I have needed to do a bit since. anyone who knows these cars knows they'll need particular attention at 17 years of age. can u tell us more about ur 540? condition and history etc. I have seen cars asking 15 plus but whether they get the money who knows. at the end of the day the big money is always going to be 540 LE theres less of them and being numbered they are usually in good or better condition. are you looking to keep it and realise a return at some point or trying to assess how much you can justify spending? regards Mattyb

just read the other thread where u mentioned the bottom up rebuild, nice! take heaps of photos there's not much that isn't known on the site about these cars. I started quite scared about doing work myself even though I had experience with fords and holdens as we all do in this country. the key to the 540 is to get in there and have a go essentially it is just another engineered vehicle albeit a highly engineered one at that. but nuts and bolts etc are all the same at the end of the day. how they go together and the dynamic as to how they work will seem advanced, and they are, but with advice from the site and the experience of thousands of others over the years all here i have managed to learn to do so much. I have spent hundreds of hours just working through the archives when im bored etc

Hi Matt,
    i bought mine about 7 years ago for AUS$5K and drove it for about 12 months as a daily drive car, I then bought a another BMW and the wife wanted the V8 so she drove it for another 2 years before I bought her a more suitable shopping trolley, at which time I put the 540i in the shed to store until now (because I have the time) to devote to it to do it up again. What I'm fighting with is wether to keep it or sell it when done. Mainly because I just love this car

Hi Again Matt,
    his car was my introduction to BMW's and the family just loves it (the kids aren't allowed to drive it) but they love being driven around in it. I have always been impressed with the driver experience from the very first time I test drove it and every drive since.
    There is a lot to do to bring it back to its former showroom condition but I'm determined to see it fully restored (from the ground up) because I think a vehicle as nice as this deserves to be kept alive and cared for.
    i just received the bulk of the parts needed to repair the wear and tear and the power steering pump, but there is one job that gives me great concern, which is the ASC unit is on the fritz (continually shows warning light). I've even taken it to BMW, but they were not able to diagnose the problem for me. So I'll have to rethink this one again later.
    Last edited by TechnoWeeny; 11-20-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Add more detail

I regret the day I sold my first one, this ones not as fine as the first- I had to wait 5 years to get another ,for lots of reasons, but once you have rebuilt this 540 you'll never find another as good. most owners ( not all ) selling are not enthusiasts and have not delivered the same attention and care to the upkeep. Usually selling due to rising maintenance costs cause they cant/don't do the work themselves which is why I believe you'll never get another with out having to do the work all over again. and if you love this one you'll definitely want another sooner or later; I promise! what colour and interior do you have?

It's Oxford Green Metalic, BMW 234 and the interior is Boston leather light grey. Front seats are all electric with the chair arm rests.

same interior, but petrol mica outside, sometimes it looks black but in the sun u can see the blue coming through, spoiler as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast