GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: end of the road

Default end of the road

unfortunately after nearly seven years of owning the 540 we were hit head on by a young guy who lost it round a corner and she's a write off.Been great owning her and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help you gave us.
    Knew nothing about the E34 when we bought it but have probably read nearly every post since we joined and a bummer after learning/spending so much she has to be towed to a wrecker

thanks to all for the help

geoff

So sorry to hear about your 540. Sounds like everyone came out ok except the BMW, at least hopefully. You'll find another one.

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

Get another one. If you don't you will miss it like an old friend. Rebuilt our 174k 525 E34 and she now has 184k miles and is part of the family. Much more loved than the E60s, by a long stretch.
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

Woah, hey Compmore... that really sucks!~

Don't let them take it to the wrecker, you'll never see it again! Take it home and have a wake. Then keep the parts for the next one and save $$$, or give her to me, I need some interior parts for one of my old ones...

Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
    Woah, hey Compmore... that really sucks!~

Don't let them take it to the wrecker, you'll never see it again! Take it home and have a wake. Then keep the parts for the next one and save $$$, or give her to me, I need some interior parts for one of my old ones...

Nick
    if you want it you could probably have it Just have to check with my son.it looks ok from the radiator back but its near wyong and has to be moved soon.

geoff

very interested if nick is, I live at Terrigal and need some bits as well, desperately in fact. can I pm u my details?

hey Nick buddy, your PM box is full, can u call me regarding Geoff's car 0410525443

A quick update, and a big thank you to Geoff and his son for 'donating' their old car.

It's a total goner, crumpled roof as the front left rail was slammed, but the front tower did not shift more than an inch or so, and the airbags didn't fire. She's done a few kms though, so many of the parts are quite worn. A wrecker wouldn't sell much- I've seen them totally junk better cars.

I'm going to use the seats and interior to fill soem gaps and take the mechanicals out for a rainy day- quite tempted to make the wagon a 540, but will do a compression test on the M60 first and consider my options. I've always wanted an M60 powered E28 or E30... and a friend has an e36 318is that could certainly benefit from a bit more 'poke'. Getting it registered/insured might be hard in NSW though.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!