GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Power seat trouble

Default Power seat trouble

The recline function on my passenger seat only works in one direction the other direction seems like its not getting any power. What could be the problem, switch? motor?

alright i used a test light and found out that the motor is not getting power from the switch in that direction so im gonna tear the switch apart.

from HRH Billiam Rickard's page

http://www.lehrmangroup.com/rickard/seatswitch.html

Quote Originally Posted by casurfer911
    alright i used a test light and found out that the motor is not getting power from the switch in that direction so im gonna tear the switch apart.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

take the switch apart in a bag of some other container, theres a **** load of small crap that flys out but it's easy to clean
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I got it fixed and it works like new thanks guys.

riot Guest

Default i have a problem with mine as well.

On my driver seat when i lower or raise the seat, the right side doesnt go down or up. how would i go about fixing this ?

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by riot
    On my driver seat when i lower or raise the seat, the right side doesnt go down or up. how would i go about fixing this ?
    I also had some serious trouble today with my driver's side power seat. At first, only the left side would recline and move to the upright position. So, the back of the seat was effectively twisting.

To further the problem, every time I reclined the seat, the right side would never go back upright at all. So, I eventually had to make a drive with the seat back entirely reclined and used my briefcase as a wedge for *some* support. I felt like I was driving a beat-up Chevy with the muffler draggin' behind me.

Funny thing, once I stopped and restarted the engine, the right and left seatback started moving together.. kinda. But, then only the left side would raise and lower and not the right. Ugh.

I'll try cleaning the switch tonight. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Oh my contorted spine!!!

Bob

Default RE: seat twist

The twist or tilt on one side only is a completely separate issue from the switch cleaning. A very common problem and somewhat simple DIY:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_11.htm
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!