GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 20mm M5T Nurburgring rear sway bar...

Default 20mm M5T Nurburgring rear sway bar...

I upgraded the rear sway bar with 20mm M5T Nurburgring rear sway bar. Wow, what a difference. I always felt my car understeer quite a bit. I tried stiffening the damper on the rear shocks but all that did was made the ride rough. Now, she feels very balanced. Even with snow tires still on! I can't believe I went this long without upgrading the sway bars. This is excellent upgrade for those who demand precise handling.

RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

NIce. It seems someone has put together a kit. Turner perhaps?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Rick,
    Can you tell us more about how the handling changed. I am connsidering thiss upgrade just to get better turn-in on normal street driving. Thoughts and opinions?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Links?

Looks just great. I have the 18mm M5 one on the old 535 and with the larger front bar as well, it makes a world of difference.

The combination of M-tech height springs and Bilstein Sports is fabulous. There is no lean at all; faaaar better stickiing under extreme cornering.

I don't know why they don't put serious sways even on luxury suspensions really- maybe it causes strange behaviour (?).

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

It is important to remind everyone to change their sway bar links maybe every 50K miles. It is such a cheap part for major suspension improvement. It will bring the car back to like new from the new car lot for control. If you changed everything including the lower and upper control arms... it would be exactly like brand new or better.

This is interesting... sway bar upgrade... never done it before but I can see what you mean. For those of you who has done it... what is the most affordable way to get this done? Buy the parts from recyclers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    It is important to remind everyone to change their sway bar links maybe every 50K miles. It is such a cheap part for major suspension improvement. It will bring the car back to like new from the new car lot for control. If you changed everything including the lower and upper control arms... it would be exactly like brand new or better.

This is interesting... sway bar upgrade... never done it before but I can see what you mean. For those of you who has done it... what is the most affordable way to get this done? Buy the parts from recyclers?
    Not sure about the USA, but here in Australia there is a manufacturer called Whiteline that distributes these bars internationally.

3er

5er

6er

7er

They are sometimes available online eg via ebay. There is also a very good manufacturer of springs, King springs, which are known for their progressive rate springs. The metal quality is one of their key differentiators. The combo of these two products produces excellent results very economically, ie with the same or better quality at lower prices than Eibach and H&R.

Whiteline's sway bars have three link points, making it easy to 'dial in' the right amount of torsion for your application/need.

There are many in the US that do springs, not sure who does aftermarket sways off the shelf though...

BTW; Here are what King springs have to suit Bimmers;

King Springs Catalogue: Lowered, Standard and Raised springs
    Last edited by genphreak; 04-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!