GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: alpine white?

Default alpine white?

Anyone know the closest duplicolor spray can color to use that's close to alpine white. Got the car from my dad and he decided to use just white paint on a few spots and it's way off

There are different paint codes of Alpine white, you can find yours by looking on the lower part of the strut tower (on my E32 at least). Make sure you supply the 3 digit code as well.

Then, within that single paint code are a variation of different paint samples that were produced just by the imperfection of maintaining identical paint mixes from the factory.

Alpine White 146
    Alpine White II 218
    Alpine White III 300

check here Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Touchup Paint Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup | 888-710-5192

As I do not know your built year, I have selected a 1994 E34 and the result is:
    BMW paint code # 300 Alpine White III/Alpinweiss III

where I live there are car accessory shops like in the U.S. Autozone etc, they mix the color based on the original paint number, so I just tell them BMW paint code # xy and they can mix it for me, as touch up or also in a spray can.
    Last edited by shogun; 04-13-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Go online and get the right color in spray can if you have to cover a good area... otherwise a touchup might do.

I'm going to get the paint code and go by AutoZone and see if they mix paint there, if not see if they can ship it in from another AutoZone .

When you get the paint mixed up and applied, can you come back and let us know where you got it mixed and how the quality was? I need to have some mixed up to repair a rust spot on the door and will be dealing with this in a couple of weeks. It'd be great if I could have the paint mixed locally rather than ordering it online. Thanks!
    1994 530i - 117,000 miles

Any automotive paint and body shop supply store can mix the paint, usually in 1 quart size, then you buy the Preval aerosol spray bottle, mix
    with thinner/reducer and do the touch up. Probably on Youtube. My local paint store mixed a quart of Alpine White lacquer for me awhile back, it
    was a perfect match. Alpine white has some gray in it, Duplicolors will not match....

Duplicolor does anything but match your colour. Also be careful to spray as close as possible to 25 degrees C for best results.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

I will definitely let y'all know what I do and how it goes. Hoping to get on this soon...juggling job and projects is tough, not enough hours in the day. Will keep y'all posted

Ok...stopped by local Napa auto and found out they can mix paint and put it in spray cans. Hopefully the alpine white 300 will be a match...