GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Reverse Smoker

Default Reverse Smoker

Check this out

Anyone ever do something like this?

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

Want to hear something .

I found another air leak in the system on wifeys car. And I found it cause of my smoke test.

I pull the car out of the garage and there a big puddle of oil under where the car was parked, very weird.

Well, what happened was, when I pressurized the intake, it actually pressurizes the crank case too. Ergo the airflow coming out the oil filler cap. You prolly know this, but, because of the PCV (oil separator for crank case ventilation) the intake is connected to the crankcase. Anyway, I was pressurizing the crankcase and causing oil to go up the dip stick tube and out a leak at the bottom of the dipstick tube.

Turns out, when I recently replaced that Oil Separator system on the car (a real PITA as you prolly know) the o-ring for that dip stick tube some how went MIA. I now found it on top the cover that goes under the engine area.

I'm surprised about missing that. I know that sucker belongs there. It must have fallen off the bottom of the dip stick during installation and I did not see it.

But I think its hilarious how I figured it out. My reverse smoker comes through again. lol

Car runs great now, and no more loosing oil.

And this prolly explains the thermal oil level sensor error I was getting as well, 27c3, and even the other codes too, mixture prep messages, 2882 and 2883. But 2882 and 2883 likely would have came on with the Disa leak too.

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

First time I saw that test in action... nube ;-]

So the bottom of the dip stick tube must be below the oil level in the pan, don't think it's below on either the 530 or 850 engines.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy