GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: attn: Russell from Lexington KY..

Default attn: Russell from Lexington KY..

Where do you have your E34 serviced? I suspect you probably do most service yourself and if thats true, where do you recommend?

Default Motorsports, Don Beam & Curt Richards-great people

I do much of the easy work myself. However, Motorsports mechanics, especially Don Beam and Curt Richards (owner) have worked on my BMWs for years. They do the hard stuff. I use Don Jacobs BMW for some parts and BMA for other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil M
    Where do you have your E34 serviced? I suspect you probably do most service yourself and if thats true, where do you recommend?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

bump for Phil to notice

thanks Russell..ive heard lots about them. She has been serviced by the PO at Stuttgart but my dad has had nothing but bad experiences with them with his Jaguars. I'm just really in need for my tranny to be evaluated and the places ive been all say that they cant or dont want to. When my filter kit gets in from BMA ($21 as opposed to $125 from the dealer!@ same part #'s too!) I'm gonna need it to get replaced, along with the fluid. Guess I'll give Motorsports a call.

thanks again.

Default Good choice!

They serviced the GM automatic on my car. It was not cheap. About $200, including filter, oil and BG additive. Now the 540i has a different transmission and, I believe, uses a different transmission oil which is more expensive. BTW, they prefer to provide the parts. I believe they also have many/different sources for new, used and rebuilt parts.

BTW, my son used Stuttgart once on his 325. He did not go back.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil M
    thanks Russell..ive heard lots about them. She has been serviced by the PO at Stuttgart but my dad has had nothing but bad experiences with them with his Jaguars. I'm just really in need for my tranny to be evaluated and the places ive been all say that they cant or dont want to. When my filter kit gets in from BMA ($21 as opposed to $125 from the dealer!@ same part #'s too!) I'm gonna need it to get replaced, along with the fluid. Guess I'll give Motorsports a call.

thanks again.
    Last edited by Russell; 06-19-2004 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment