GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMW Butcher

Default BMW Butcher

Driving past a car yard I noticed this little gem.Name:  IMG_20120706_151504.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  84.3 KBName:  IMG_20120706_151515.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  82.9 KBName:  IMG_20120706_151529.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  76.3 KB
    This car was offered to me for $500 by the yard I wonder why.
    1995 525i 225,000km Still stock for now

take it, if not repairable, part it. For the hood you might be able to get already half that price

If I had the money I would but it looks like it has been there for a while 318i manual, it has side skirts as well and looks like it has been sitting in the corner for a while the dealer docket is for $3200 and it is rough inside. I will push for more info on monday as it is just around the corner from where I work covered in dust, he did say the gearbox was good and it has almost new tyres on it. If it runs it could be a ok second car or quick profit car in parts, it looks straight but I don't know what effect water has had on the motor through the slots in the bonnet.

Don't you think the abuse is way more than skin deep? What are the odds you won't find seriously deferred maintenance under that bonnet, undercarriage and just about anyplace?
    1995 530iA - 295,000 miles
    1988 325i convertible - 180,000 miles

I am not a 3 series person and mostly not a 318 person I don't like the layout of the interior (looks too much like a corolla or such ) at least the ones I have been in I just drove past this one in the corner of the yard and had to get a picture of it for the forum. For $500 at least I could get my money back for the parts and sell whats left for $50 in metal, 318's are like rocks on the ground, all over the place but they are rear wheel drive unlike most other small cheap cars so there will always be a market for them for people who don't like the front wheel drive asian offerings.Don't get me wrong Jap cars have changed the world of motoring for a lot of people, cheaper reliable cars for the world but I like rear wheel drive cars that require input from me to both drive and keep it alive so even a 318i has more to offer than toyota or mazda. My sister just got a 2.2 turbo diesel cx5 mazda 4wd which she loves and I will admit it could pull a mountain across a country with the power it has, I felt it was taking me somewhere rather than me making it go where I wanted, BMW are a true drivers car rather than a car for people to drive. Sorry for the rant but that's what a few bourbons after work will do for you.

Well at least u tell the truth drunk!

LOL. I like the e36 but prefer the 46. They are just compact 5ers to me, and lack only the character and size of the 5.

Dynamics are excellent, all the hardware and geometry just right. Blingbois love to dress them up in pl4st1c so they look like they starred in a Japanese p0rno film but hey it all comes off and parts are dirt cheap. The best thing is that the engines are great in stock form and can be enhanced without having to change very much other than the add-ons you are replacing...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Surely there is a moron someone where that will give you $500 for the hood alone! Heck! They'll probably even pay the shipping here to the States!

What a joke. Not only a horrible idea, but so terribly executed. The bonehead couldn't even center the POS on the hood. WTF???
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul