GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 People on BimmerNut but few posts or replies

Default 50 People on BimmerNut but few posts or replies

Why is it that every time I log on I see 50+ users on the site but there are comparatively VERY few posts or replies to posts. Relative to the Klincoln forum and the general tech forums I visit, the ratio is all backwards.
    Why so many lurkers, non posters???
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

read:
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 61 users online. 1 members and 60 guests

so the one member is shogun in this case and the socalled guests are non registered users or mainly search engines.

But we are getting better, in recent weeks it improved.

I check in on a fairly regular basis, I just don't have much to say these days. It's more about diving into the wealth of knowledge already archived here.

1995 525i 5-Speed 201,000mi

Quote Originally Posted by BennyM View Post
    I check in on a fairly regular basis, I just don't have much to say these days. It's more about diving into the wealth of knowledge already archived here.
    +1
    Scott
    '93 525iT 245k miles (sold, but not forgotten)
    '11 TSX Sport Wagon
    '00 328i
    '78 MGB
    '08 Saab Aero

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyWM View Post
    +1
    Well we must be the least "post whore" ish types in existence. I surmised a fair bit of trolling due to the massive info but posting now and again would make the place more interesting. Say, "i found this, here's what I'm working on, here are a couple pics." Having one or two threads a day is just weak.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

+2

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

We average about 2-3 new members a day. I'm not sure why we don't get more posting. You got any ideas, let me know. I posted that announcement about clubs just in case there were any clubs out there that wanted there own forum. I have this big ole server, I just want to see it used.
    Last edited by bimmer nut; 07-29-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typo

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

I check almost every day for new posts = more info but only have something to add every now and then.
    1995 525i 225,000km Still stock for now

I think it is a lot of surfing going on, we come up hard in the search engines. I try to answer anything I know about from memory. I don't drive either of mine much and only have an issue with one so I am active in my own post ;-]

It's been a long time but perhaps I banned all the fvcking asshats and they don't want to rejoin cause I wrote all their IP's down? (not a stupid mod on this site) lol.

Our cars are old and there is so much dis-information out there that maybe they are just running in circles chasing their tails. Once a few catch on and get answers we can grow the population again.

Ed you making it real tough for people to join or some ****? I know if I have to wait to be approved I travel on.

Just sayin.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    I think it is a lot of surfing going on, we come up hard in the search engines.
    It's been a long time but perhaps I banned all the fvcking asshats and they don't want to rejoin cause I wrote all their IP's down? (not a stupid mod on this site) lol.

Our cars are old and there is so much dis-information out there that maybe they are just running in circles chasing their tails. Once a few catch on and get answers we can grow the population again.

Ed you making it real tough for people to join or some ****? I know if I have to wait to be approved I travel on.

Just sayin.
    I like chasing off the asshats, no problem with that. I do see the post whores elsewhere making lame posts like "what he said" and "+1" and I don't endorse that crap. But I do think a post that says, "Shogun, thanks for your continued brilliance..." is a good thing. Or a post that says, "I can't find the windshield trim how to. Anyone had any luck with that?" or even, "I just did the door handle gaskets, there is a great thread on that at zyzabc"
    We need to be a bit more communicative so we have evidence of the frequency of visits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast