GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Thinking of parting out my BMW 525i

Default Thinking of parting out my BMW 525i

First off, where did everyone go? I guess people get busy (me included) and working on these cars gets harder and harder.

I replaced the fluid in my trans 25k miles ago when the trans was doing some pendulum shifting between 3rd and 4th on the highway. Since then the trans has been getting worse, slipping, getting less power to the wheels, etc. I intend to change the fluid and filter one more time but I think it is about 5-10k miles from dead.

So I'm thinking of parting out my 525i, but wanted to get some opinions on it.

The car has 225k on the original motor, the trans is dying, the body is rusty, and the tires and rims are old. So basically, the parts are well-used.

Would it make any sense to part this thing out on ebay, and sell off some of the parts now, while it still has a little life? Or drive it until she dies and then scrap it? I guess the other option is drive it until dead and then part it out.

Any thoughts?
    Job 14:1 Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble.
    az

I would either sell it to me for 500 so I can part it out or I would suggest parting her out once it dies.

Andy

Are people still interested in buying parts that have been used for 18 years?

Where are you located?
    Job 14:1 Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble.
    az

I have parted a few e34 and people are still willing to buy parts. I am located in dayton, OH.

Andy