GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anyone tried Moosehead Spherical Upper Control Arm Bushings ?

Default anyone tried Moosehead Spherical Upper Control Arm Bushings ?

No I wish, too damn expensive!
    Wokke from bimmerforums makes a complete set too and the difference is that his version has fully sealed bearings:

BMW E31, E32, E34 alloy wishbones w. spherical bearings | eBay
    Last edited by Bo525i; 01-25-2012 at 04:02 AM.

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

They look awesome, thanks Shogun!

I will buy a gold pack and pop them in some new arms sometime this year. I've been using polyeurethane (Noltec) bushings on two as these are locally made and easy to source. Have also used Grunts (made by the same mob ages ago but gone now). All last well but increase noise and vibration. I haven't noticed any shimmy yet (but we all know how these things creep up on you inconspicuously).

The LE has stock bushings still, so it is probably the candidate for these guys. It will be interesting to see how much harsher they are to the OEM green ones it has presently.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

arent they jsut the same as e31 lower control arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo525i View Post
    No I wish, too damn expensive!
    Wokke from bimmerforums makes a complete set too and the difference is that his version has fully sealed bearings:

BMW E31, E32, E34 alloy wishbones w. spherical bearings | eBay

they are different
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...5/_DSC3726.jpg
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...5/_DSC3727.jpg
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...5/_DSC3731.jpg
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...5/_DSC3732.jpg
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...5/_DSC3733.jpg
    comments by Bryson, E31 850 owner
    Wokke's spherical thrust bearings: Love them
    I installed Wolf/Wokke's spherical bearing thrust bushing replacements last weekend and have been loving them so far. I've only logged about 300 miles, but I can say with confidence that the results are extremely positive.

As you would expect, steering response is much improved and my confidence in the car's capabilities has increased dramatically. I will not elaborate on this as the benefits are apparent and the precision is a welcome change from the M5 bushings I had before (and 750 before that). I have noticed NO increase in normal road noise or harshness at freeway speeds. In fact, the car is now smoother in the range from 45-70mph, which I am attributing to the shimmy that balancing and re-balancing wheels could never get rid of. After the bearing install, there is no shimmy whatsoever at any speed (also, as you would expect) and even lane changes feel smoother.

The caveat: at low speeds, during abrupt pavement height changes, the shock of impact is greatly increased. If you live in a place with quality roads (like Irvine, CA), I don't think that you will be able to perceive a difference in harshness. However, if you live in a place like Los Angeles or San Diego, these bushings may prove to be unbearable for a DD.

The response of the car is absolutely awesome and I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I bought the bearings with attached thrust arms, and while I would have preferred Lemfoerder arms to the Meyle's, I'll take what I can get as these bearings should last through a couple pairs of arms anyway.

I did get a chance to take Olin out for a spin, and he didn't notice any change in harshness of the car without me pointing out the exact changes. Not that this is a scientific approach, but it should give an idea of the changes (or lack thereof). I'm running 18" wheels, and again, on smooth roads there is no perceivable difference in noise, vibration or harshness.

Here are a few photos of the bearings installed, as I noticed there was a severe lack of them from Wolf's original thread.

Oh! well thanks for the link.