GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: iPod Touch + Clarion HU + subwoofer + stock speakers = nice !

Default iPod Touch + Clarion HU + subwoofer + stock speakers = nice !

Six years with the e34, still not bored of it.

I haven't posted in a while; but here's another story of great satisfaction. I had a first generation iPod Nano that I hooked up on a regular basis to the Clarion which did a good job of delivering my favorite music to my ears. The quality was quite nice on some tunes, but less on others. Little did I know...

I got a nice e-mail from Apple to tell me my iPod Nano's battery had increasing chances of exploding with time. "Well, thought I, nice of them to offer a replacement at no charge by snail mail where I should send mine in first, but I'll go with a 30$ trade-in-your-old-mp3-for-an-iPod-Touch deal at a big store I shall not name here 'cause they don't pay me to advertise for them." And so came the new iPod Touch.

This new iPod delivers much better output to the sound system. The highs are so much nicer, and the bass is much more controlled and decent. What can I say - words fail me. The original tweeters deliver very nicely, and the added subwoofer (a hacked Logitech from a 4.1 system I had no use for + 90W amplifier) gives what had been missing for today's bass rich music we now get.

This car is still amazing to me and seems to keep on turning up nice surprises like this. (Doh! I advertised for Apple's iPod... drat! Maybe I should bill them... )

Yea I agree. I like good sound, use floor standing B&Ws at home. The stock setup in an e34 does an apalling job by today's standards but once you add a 5 channel mothafokka amp) and a decent sub its amazing. And smooth, no strange harmonics, sharp top end frequencies, and no equalisation needed if one uses the stock crossover. I didn't even bother changing the stock (10) speakers... priceless!

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Overall I do have to say that the stock speakers in the Bimmer aren't that bad...

They could be sooo much worse Cough - FORD - Cough

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877