GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 219k

Default 219k

On the way home from the gym the other day I hit 219k. Wow. I bought this car (94 525ia) on 10/2/02. No issues until the mid 100 mark, then I had a radiator, water pump and brakes need a change all in a short period of time. Gave the car some lovin, it's been perfect since. She's just starting to lose a bit of oil, maybe 1/2 quart over 4k. Valve cover gasket needs a change, that's coming up in October. Interior wise it's ok but the driver's seat is starting to crack, i need to leatherique it again. Door panels came unglued last summer when the heat was really bad up here and I wasn't driving it much, fixed those with some gorilla glue a few months back. Nothing else is going on with this thing, outside of the usual oil changes and car wash. She's taken me on so many road trips with no problems....woops, we did have a water pump go out on the way to Raleigh last year and a wheel bearing bought the farm weeks earlier. I keep hitting cars.com for a new ride but I'm hesitant to give this one up as she's been so solid. With a wash and a wax people always tell me how good the car looks.

Here's to 300k!

ncbeachbum, formerly rickm

Yea, I'm keeping my 525it M50B25 until I buy something electric. If things get desperate, I'll modify it to a Sequential LPG setup. The 540 however remains the way the Gods made her. I could be tempted by replacing both with a Gold GTI manual, but I fear my soul would be sold with them... and I'd have to worry about leaving it in dark places again...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

congratulations, you are just getting it broken in. I need to change the front crank seal and do the upper and lower control arms (again) and figure out how to decamber a lowered car and and and and and the list goes on, just like yours.

1990 535im 421,000 miles, 1987 325is, 1989 325is, 1990 m3, 1991 318is, 2001 X5 3.0

There are some really great camber kits available now, you just need to find a half decent shop to weld them on, but it is simple to do and gives you plenty of adjust-ability over the thrust arm bushes. Can be used front and rear too, so you can get perfect M5 geometry (u can check the exact specs in the Bently manual). Other ways on an e34 (expensive) are tower adjusters (part of the front shock mounts), offset (eccentric) bushes (K-Mac and OEM) which are expensive and are arguably hard to fit and the latter have less adjustment. When fitting springs it pays to aim for M-spec ride height (not slammed). If you lower the car more than an M car is, you have to tweak those settings and it will take many alignments and miles to get a perfect drive.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!