I may have a unique problem due to having a European spec car. My passenger's back door doesn't open from the inside. I assume that either the inner latch is broken or the strap that connects it to the mechanism is broken or off for some reason. I was trying to remove the inner panel the other day, and got the three screws at the top of the panel out without a problem. The two screws that attach the lower end of the pull handle to the door are another story though. These screw into the door pull from behind the panel inside of a metal housing attached to the door. If I pull the panel away from the bottom of the door, I can see the heads of the screws, but, there is not enough space to get a screwdriver of any size in there to remove them. One of them is actually located inside the metal housing that the handle is attached to. I can just see the screw, but there is no way in hell to get a screwdriver in there. What is the trick to remove these?

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any ideas short of doing the gorilla thing and forcibly ripping the thing off the door? It would be nice to be able to open the door from inside the car.

Thanks.