Last weekend, while trying to replace a section of rusted fuel line, I discovered that it was rusted through up near the top of the tank. I got hold of a decent piece of fuel pipe and have it nearly bent to order, but I don't know exactly what the bends are beyond where it rusted through.

1. Do I have to drop the tank to find this out, or, can I access this area if I remove the right-rear inner fender splash guard?

2. How difficult is it to remove the tank? I know there are two large allen-type bolts to the rear of the retaining straps. I assume that will free the tank to drop it down?

3. I also assume that the upper portion of the fuel tubing inserts to a rubber hose or something which attaches it to the pump. Does it attach in some other way? Is there something else I need to get in order to link the tubing to the pump?

I hope to get the car running on Saturday. If there's something I need to finish the job that I'm not aware of, it would be nice to know and pick it up somewhere tomorrow.

Thanks.