GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Part numbers

Default Part numbers

Is there a good source for part numbers beyond the Bentley's manual (which I don't have)? Need to find out what the part numbers are for Euro spec front brake discs/pads. Also, are all control arms made equally (between Euro and US spec; realize that some manufacturers are better than others)? Thinking about replacing the upper control arms while the discs are off. Have the lowers, but, wondering if I can buy uppers from anywhere, or if they have to be Euro-spec.

Thanks.

88 E30 325i Convert
    61,000 miles
    Cirrusblau

Quote Originally Posted by 6670charger View Post
    Is there a good source for part numbers beyond the Bentley's manual (which I don't have)? Need to find out what the part numbers are for Euro spec front brake discs/pads. Also, are all control arms made equally (between Euro and US spec; realize that some manufacturers are better than others)? Thinking about replacing the upper control arms while the discs are off. Have the lowers, but, wondering if I can buy uppers from anywhere, or if they have to be Euro-spec.

Thanks.
    Get your part nos from realoem or BMWfans. I got my upper control arms from Germany. Check out ATP (Auto-Teile-Pöllath Handels GmbH) on ebay.de. 56.40 euros shipped to the UK for both. So you should get them cheaper. I couldnt buy them in the UK for less than £75! And that includes the fitted green (tougher) bushes. Have a search around and you will find a copy of Bentleys to download free. I am old fashioned and prefer a hard copy so I paid for mine
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

Green and 750iL bushing... it is stronger than factory E34 bushing. M5 Bushing however is the best. Lemforder is the best for suspension and steering parts... TRW is just as good. Next in line for me is Bilstein and related brand.

ATP is only selling cheaper stuff on Ebay Germany, mostly no name, although I just bought brake pads and last year also the brake disks from them and they work fine.
    At their online shop you can get more variety ATP Auto-Teile-Pöllath - Wartungsseite
    if you want to buy brand items and better quality: Car-Parts24 - Ersatzteile und Tuning von Marken wie Lemförder, Meyle, Powerflex etc
    they drive E34 on their own and are very well known on the German E34 forum, they also understand English and ship worldwide

"Is there a good source for part numbers beyond the Bentley's manual ?" No Parts numbers in there

Try BMW parts catalog

or http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

RealOEM.com * Online BMW Parts Catalog
    Finish inputting your build date...

Thanks for the info about realoem.com. Outstanding site. Found everything I needed really easy. Just wish there were something similar for Audi parts. A friend of mine recently developed a problem with the engine ECU in her 93 Audi 100. Trying to find the correct part number for the thing was a real chore.

88 E30 325i Convert
    61,000 miles
    Cirrusblau

Audi parts catalog is called ETKA
    google for that
    ETKA online - AudiForums.com

Thanks. I'll take a look.

88 E30 325i Convert
    61,000 miles
    Cirrusblau