GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants Door brake reinforcement plates?

Default Who wants Door brake reinforcement plates?

If there is enough interest I will have the reinforcement plates made again. Minimum is 100 plates so it will cost me a bundle up front, but if there is enough interest??? I will let you know

platevideo_final.mp4 video by kibokojoe - Photobucket

I would be interested in a set of four. Missed your last run and still kicking myself

same price as before? If not change the price here BMW door plates - Kibokojoe's Yamaha XS650

Also post it on Bimmerboard.com on the E34 and E32 forum, then the chance is higher that you get enough orders.

I just posted this thread on www.e34.de as a reply to someone looking for them!

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

yep. I wanted to do the same but wanted to wait for confirmation from Joe about the price.
    Will then also post it on Bimmerboard, maybe someone can also post on Bimmerforums.
    I assume then 100 sets would be possible.

I want 1 set (2)

Default So far only 12 ordered

So far only 12 ordered

I still have these and they are good. I also changed the door support that open and closes the door, but that was a messy job.

Default E34 and E32 door brake reinforcement plates available

Quote Originally Posted by Kibokojoe View Post
    If there is enough interest I will have the reinforcement plates made again. Minimum is 100 plates so it will cost me a bundle up front, but if there is enough interest???
    Hi Kibokojoe,
    I sent you a private message - I can have any number of plates made right away, just let me know if you like to handle the distribution of them or that I send them to whoever has shown interest. I had two plates made and they fit right away, this is an experienced guy with metal shop, who just needed the exact measurements for the door and he punched the stainless steel very accurately. The plates are slightly thinner than before, but I have fixed my cracking
    drivers door with one of them and it works perfectly.
    I think you sold them before at $12 each plus shipping, so that sounds like a reasonable amount. I hope this helps the community here - let me know!
    Cor, '95 540i auto, '94 530i manual
    Last edited by cor_van_de_water; 05-25-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Default I can send door reinforcement plates right away

Quote Originally Posted by cor_van_de_water View Post
    The plates are slightly thinner than before, but I have fixed my cracking drivers door with one of them and it works perfectly.
    Here is the deal - I can get the same thickness stainless steel plates (1/8" or 3mm) laser-cut but that is done in another shop, so it is a little more costly but I still can get a relative small number of plates, for example 2 dozen for a reasonable amount, it will probably come down to $14 per plate plus shipping.
    Now the interesting thing is that for half that money I can get 2mm thick stainless steel plates punched which will do the job just as well as I have put these plates on both my cars and they work really well. My 530i has the sheetmetal cracked and one of the two door brake tabs broken off, so it hangs by only one tab
    and was really hard on the sheet metal of the door, but since installing the thinner door reinforcement plate, it has worked well and no sounds or strange movements. So the 2 mm plates are only $7 plus shipping. The shipping is never more than $5 in USA (flat rate envelope) no matter how many you order.
    I had an offline conversation with Joe and he indicated that he is very busy and I got the
    feeling that he won't be able to get the required 100 minimum order together.
    So let me know how many and which thickness you want (2mm or 3mm) and I will ship the 2mm plates right away, for the 3mm I need to collect enough numbers to make it work, but I will order and ship before end June. I will put up a picture of the thinner plate on my 540i next week, I do not have my camera at home.
    Feel free to re-post this offer on other forums. To inquire or order please send an email to: cor (dot) vandewater (at) gmail.com or PM.
    Cor, '95 540i auto, '94 530i manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast