Finally after months of searching for the right car, I pulled an M5 into my garage.

Funny story: I was set on a '93 and there are very few out there at any given time. I was looking for the right car for several months and ran away from a lot of 20 ft cars (looks great from 20 ft away but get worse the closer you get). A good friend of mine offered to help me check out cars, as he is a long time Bimmerphile and former BMWCCA driving instructor who has owned M5's and M3's in the past and does all his own wrenching. I finally found one about 150 miles away and asked my friend to come look at it with me. Turns out it was a car he owned several years ago! The current owner was a non-enthusiast who only put 6K miles on it over 3+ years. I figure I rescued it.

PPI was done by Ron Kain and went very well. Minor oil leak at right front of cam housing and cracked v-belts. Otherwise perfect, with compression 200 psi all the way across. Cosmetics near perfect with a few small stone chips, a scuffed front spoiler and 2 small "hail" dings, but needs Zaino.

Car details:
93 black/black
74K miles
Factory rear spoiler
Hand painted ///M stripes
Koni Adjustable front shocks
H&R front and rear springs, SLS retained
Lowered 1.5"
Jim Conforti chip
Frank Fahey jet coated pipe, stock muffler
Pagid Orange pads
Cross-drilled rotors
Yoko AVS 235/45F 255/40R

Stereo
Clarion DRX-9255 head unit
McIntosh MCD410 6 disc changer
McIntosh MC420M main power amp
McIntosh MCC443 subwoofer amp
McIntosh MSS470 rear speakers
a/d/s 336is front speaker system
Clarion MCD4030 crossovers
JL Audio 12" subwoofer
Monster Interlink cables
(Total stereo cost ~$8K including installation)

The car also came with all the stock parts and an Evo3 cover. Everything about the car dynamically feels tight and right, I'm very happy. I replaced all fluids and will tackle the belts this weekend.

For a few crappy pictures, check here:

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/PeterS

Once I get the car properly detailed I'll have higher res photos if I find the time, 'cuz I'll be driving.

--Pete