GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Central Locking Issue - General Module, Relay Module, or something else?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Central Locking Issue - General Module, Relay Module, or something else?

I've looked at many of the central locking issue threads, but haven't seen quite the same issue I seem to be having.

I have a 1995 525iT. Recently, when I turn off the car, it will automatically close all the windows and the sunroofs. I often like to leave the sunroof in the vent position in warmer weather, however even if I wait until everything closes and then put the sunroof into the vent position, it ends up closing back. It behaves as if I have the key in the driver's door with the key turned toward the lock position to close all the windows from the outside. I am thinking possible GM, but not really sure. Anyone else been down this road?

Thanks.

Sounds like a short to me. Have you checked the wiring harness for the tailgate? I know that regular sedans have a lot of weird electrical issues with locks and lighting when that harness starts to crack. And, if I recall, holding the key in lock position at the trunk/tailgate should normally tell the GM to close all of the windows as well. So, if the tailgate lock signal wire is grounding out, the car will think you are standing back there with the key turned. But, I assume you would have trouble keeping the doors unlocked if this were the case. If not, I would try swapping out a GM with one from another 95 e34. The wiring and the GM are the only two things that could cause this. No single relay or sunroof switch would cause ALL windows to misbehave.

1995 525i 5-Speed 201,000mi

Swing and a miss with the tailgate wiring. All checks ok there. Gonna look for a GM in the local yards.