Quote Originally Posted by 93 525 Paul View Post
So I have the remanned tc in there and mated the tranny to the engine. Have the hoist and am readying to poke it in there. Before I do, I want to fill the tranny. Pelican Technical Article: BMW Automatic Transmission Fluid Change
recommends I drop the front sump pan and fill it and install it. Worth the trouble and new gasket or no? Was thinking I'd lean the engine tranny over on its side a bit and overfill it a skosh rather than drop the front pan...
Not exactly sure what to tell you on dropping the front sump to fill or not. If they recommend it, I'd say just do it.

I do want to thank you for sharing your project with us, and all the great pictures as well. Best of luck, and please do let us know how it all ends.

I'm not wanting to hijack your thread, but if you take your time, you can do anything. I'm proof, I did a 5hp24 rebuild all by myself a while back and that sucker is still running 3 years later: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/5-ser...tml#post328268
I've actually been very proud of that rebuild, I thought it was quite an accomplishment. I know by the looks of what you been doing, your's will be successful also.