GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Please help me identify the right radiator(of two types)

Default Please help me identify the right radiator(of two types)

I am changing the radiator and AT cooler. Based on the realoem, I ordered this radiator part # 17111737760 (RealOEM.com * BMW E34 525i Radiator) as realoem.com stated this is the one from 9/1992 (I have 95 525). This is the part I ordered: https://www.autohausaz.com/search/im...7111469177.jpg
    I was about to take the old radiator out and noticed the radiator on the car looks like this: https://www.autohausaz.com/search/im...7111719309.jpg Under the upper coolant hose, there are two metalic connection nuts that are NOT connected to anything. The transmission cooler is behind the radiator, separately, connected with two hoses that go under the radiator.
    Given that the radiator was replaced in 2000, either they put the older version radiator and the mechanic thought it was okay. Or I am replacing with the wrong part.
    I really really appreciate if you help me identify the right radiator for this 95 525.
    Thanks for your help in advance and happy holidays.

Most newer aftermarket radiators come with an internal transmission cooler built in. If you don't need it you simply leave the caps in place if it has plastic caps over the ends.... They figured it was a lot simpler to produce one radiator to fit multiple types such as manual trans, auto trans with separate cooler and auto trans with a integral cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R. View Post
    Most newer aftermarket radiators come with an internal transmission cooler built in. If you don't need it you simply leave the caps in place if it has plastic caps over the ends.... They figured it was a lot simpler to produce one radiator to fit multiple types such as manual trans, auto trans with separate cooler and auto trans with a integral cooler.
    Thanks for the answer. Tomorrow I will receive the radiator (https://www.autohausaz.com/search/im...7111469177.jpg). According to Bentley, it looks like a simple procedure to replace it, hopefully it is.