GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Canada.

Default Hello from Canada, Right Hand Drive E34

The name's Jhay.

Philippines born, Canadian raised.

Currently living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Smack dot in the center. Above Fargo North Dakota.

This is my first BMW.

My list before hand were
    1991 Nissan 240sx coupe, Silvia conversion.
    1986 200sx turbo
    2002 Jetta tdi
    2007 Jetta 2.0t
    2008 Golf Gti
    1984 Ford Ranger
    2008 Honda Ruckus, 150cc engine swap, 8feet/stretched.

I have to give thanks to the Ruckus. For selling it, was able to provide me enough money for a plane ticket and the car.

I flew to a different province to pick the car up. Scary thing was, I never had seen or touched the car. I had 2 friends luckily where the car was and were able to check it out.

Here's a little tribute.

My last ride video

well thats that.....now to the present.

1989 BMW E34 525i
    Mint interior(cig burn on passenger seat)
    Manual sport cloth seats
    132,xxxkms(when purchased)
    17 ACS rims(not sure if its real? how do i tell)
    Sunroof delete
    Eurospec bumper trim(no side marker on rubstrip) and rear windshield(no 3rd brake light)
    Aftermarket deck, 6 disc CD changer.

Im pretty sure there are more things I haven't added.

Came with some problems. Alot of the electrical wasnt wired up....brakes were't tightened...brake pedal set to far in..etc.etc

I have yet to get the car up and safetied to run around legally. So to wait till next year.

Got plans of lowering it, my friends parents have an E34 as well but don't need the suspension. So gonna do a trade in the spring. Also remove tint and new paint job.

Oh and I just picked up a set of OEM E39 Style 65's for under 600 cdn! Is it gunmetal?

I just took it out today to get the lips machined. So hope to see it before the weekend. Guess that's my Christmas gift to myself this year.
    Next 2 rear tires since the previous owner auto-crossed them.

Anyways I'll be on here often to ask, lurk and post.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by jhayregz; 12-21-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Hello Jhay,

Welcome to the site. I hope you find value here and have a whole lot of fun.

Great post by the way. Crazy Honda you got there. I'm never seen anything like it. Not at all familiar with it, but it does look kinda cool.

Nice new e34. I like the sunroof delete, more headroom.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Alright! This forum needs more canucks!!!! Welcome and nice ride.

thanks guys.
    december. too bad i didnt have a gf to buy me the things i want for the car

Called the place where my rims are getting the lips machined. Won't be done till probably next week, they just got started cleaning the rim today.

damn these canadian winters

hi mate, is canada RHD or LHD or both?

Hello hello. Well its LHD in North America.
    But here in Canada. For like over the past 5 years. We have been able to import vehicles from overseas as long as they are 15years or older.
    But seems laws keep changing. They've banned a few rhd's from some provinces. So you are unable to safety and register it for the road.

Welcome to the club.. Nice car you´ve got!

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

Okay thanks for that.

I that 525i a Japanese import? Those colours, rims were common in Japanese market. The rims aren't ACS, htey are Italian, and very good. I have a set- but they are probably from e39 and may need concentric rings to centre probably. If you get wobbly at some speeds, that could be it... Great post- you have picked a car where the results of 'project work are very rewarding indeed. And it has all the right stuff.

If you want to make it better, one day, when you are done fixing the little things and your gf no olonger tries to compete for time away from the 'other' (Eg. your BMW), your could easily update to an M50/M60 engine from e36, e46 or e39- should you care to replace the engine management at the same time...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
    I that 525i a Japanese import? Those colours, rims were common in Japanese market. The rims aren't ACS, htey are Italian, and very good. I have a set- but they are probably from e39 and may need concentric rings to centre probably. If you get wobbly at some speeds, that could be it... Great post- you have picked a car where the results of 'project work are very rewarding indeed. And it has all the right stuff.

If you want to make it better, one day, when you are done fixing the little things and your gf no olonger tries to compete for time away from the 'other' (Eg. your BMW), your could easily update to an M50/M60 engine from e36, e46 or e39- should you care to replace the engine management at the same time...
    Thanks alot man.
    So if these aren't ACS rims what are they then? It would be nice to know since I am putting on a different set in Spring. I might need to get rid of these rims.

Yeah no GF so I'm good. Just afraid by spring when the car is out..they will flock to it

I have been offered many engines already here locally. But to swap it out, wont work as well. Since they are N.American engines and are LHD. Might be a problem with my car being RHD.

It would really be nice to do a swap and manual conversion. But I would have to either order overseas or do a whole LHD conversion. Unless you guys know other things I dont. Please share

Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast