GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Any interest in cross-drilled oil spraybar banjo bolts for safety wire?

Default Any interest in cross-drilled oil spraybar banjo bolts for safety wire?

The 1st batch sold out but I'll be happy to order more if there's interest. $17.50 for a pair & includes new washers, new improved style OEM BMW bolts with cross-drilled heads, safety wire, & free postage (within the 48 States).

Applies to m30 & m70 motors & perhaps a few old-old vintage 4-cyl's. Guarantees the oil spray bar banjo bolts will never loosen again.

More details:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/banjo.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

I would Don, but I have a Nicky-60 that doesn't have those evil bolts...

Cheers,
    Duey

p.s. Lockwire is good! I once did a test flight pre-flight inspection after another test pilot had already flown a helo after a post-teradown/rebuild. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because I thought that none of the main driveshat bolts (about 16 x grade-8 12-point-head bolts) were lockwired....turns out I was right, and several of the bolts had backed off! *eek* This is...ummmm...a bad thing in a helicopter! I'm a big fan of lockwire and to see guys do it neatly (and properly) is "a good thing".
    Last edited by DueyT; 06-14-2004 at 07:50 PM.

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default there is an absolute art to doing it right

I have seen bad jobs vs proper tecnique and it is really a beautiful thing when they are done right.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Yup, Jeff. I don't know how many times I've seen the lockwire actually wound and finished opposite to the direction of "backing-off"!!! I asked some old hand technician's to teach the dumb, young pilot to do some lockwiring so the next time some smartypants tech said I was full of it, I could say, "Oh yeah, here...let me do it!" Then actually have the maintenance supervisor sign off on my work! Dang, that would straighten some folks out! I actually was once told by my deputy commanding officer that I was "spending a bit too much time in the shops 'with the men'...." Idiot! I had more time for the guys fixing my machines than some idiot that was thinking 50 years back into the officer vs. NCO thing.

Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default This is good timing for me as I'm currently refurbishing...

the top end of my m30. Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    The 1st batch sold out but I'll be happy to order more if there's interest. $17.50 for a pair & includes new washers, new improved style OEM BMW bolts with cross-drilled heads, safety wire, & free postage (within the 48 States).

Applies to m30 & m70 motors & perhaps a few old-old vintage 4-cyl's. Guarantees the oil spray bar banjo bolts will never loosen again.

More details:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/banjo.htm

You guys have seen a pic of the bolts that Don drilled for me. I looked at them under magnification....a terrific job. FYI to those guys that don't have much machining experience. It is not easy to do a good job X-drilling these bolts...hard to keep the small dia. drill from walking and/or breaking. Don's attention to detail is first rate. As a suggestion Don...if you are gearing up to make a run....canvas not only E-32 boys on Roadfly, but M-30 guys on E-23 and E-28 boards including V12 E-31 guys. Hopefully you will have sufficient demand to justify your set up and run time.
    Thanks again for helping me out Don.
    George
    90 735iL/149K

TC535i Guest

You've got mail...