GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 5 Star Shine... Have you tried it?

Default 5 Star Shine... Have you tried it?

Hello,

While looking for stuff, I stumbled upon a product that claims to be vastly superior to any other. Is that true? Has anyone tried 5 Star Shine on his bimmer?
    Claims that wax/polish is bad for your paint.
    Claims his patented magnetic stuff is kicking ass.
    Claims that once correctly applied, just hose your car to clean it. Water beads on the car even after 1 year.

http://www.5starshine.com/
    Last edited by Mordan; 06-03-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Very expensive... you almost bought yourself a Griot's 6" buffer machine. I like Griot's Best of Show wax... their Paint Sealant is also very good.

Best of SHow wax last over 1 year... with 24 hours a day exposure to weather...meaning no garage or carport. I think it last about 1.5 years.

Paint Sealant... I applied onto my cousin's SUV... very nice product... Seems very similar to Zaino's Bro product.

Most importantly, I believe that a true shine comes from the prep. Proper prep work, possibly sanding, compounding, polishing and finishing are what truly determine that show-stopping look. Carnauba waxes, synthetic sealants, or acrylic sealants, only enhance so much, regardless of their hype or their price.

#1 *P21s 100% and Concours. Both are my personal favorites. 100% is better as a "show" wax, as it doesn't last as long as the concours variant, which is also easier to apply and remove. Astonishingly beautiful shine, especially on the 100%.

#2 *Rejex Synthetic Sealant is one of my favorites for clients on their daily drivers. Relatively cheap, very quick to apply and remove, lasts a very, very long time. Great shine.

#3 *Klasse Acrylic Sealant is a great product because of it's chemical composition. It is very difficult to apply and wipe off properly, but man is it invincible stuff. It's acrylic based, and you can top it with carnauba, which is why I like it so much. Not just like how typical carnaubas advertise layering, this stuff lets the carnauba stick to it like glue, it's great. True double layering, but beware of the difficult application process, so DON'T USE TOO MUCH.

#4 *Collinite Marque D’Elegance is shockingly good stuff. Plenty of tests done with it on some prominent detailing boards. Time consuming, messy, and will leave white residue if you're not careful and let it dry too much.

#5 *Zaino is excellent, although time consuming and relatively expensive. HIGHLY recommended if you have a lot of time to spend. They require a bit of searching to find what specific products you need, because they offer a bit too much.

#6 *Zymol, some of it is great, some of it is marketing hype. Do your research, you'll find what you need.
    Last edited by CharlesAFerg; 06-07-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber