GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Windsheild wiper motor help

Default Windsheild wiper motor help

Looked around and could not find anything relating to the problem I am running into right now with wanting to check out/replace my wiper motor. I jsut picked up the car this past saturday and tested the wipers [starting our summer rainy season] and they are ungodly slow.. takes a lil over two seconds for them to do a full wipe on the highest setting. I jumped 15 and 53b[?] in the fuse box to see if it was not my relay and they went just as slow.

I did some searching around on here and other places and the write ups I see just do not seem to match up on what I see

This is what I see [forgot to take the picture when I had the cover off.. I cant seem to find a way to take the motor off the linkage that goes to the wiper blades themselves [Yes took off the big 13mm nut on each side which made the assembly drop but cant not get that WHOLE thing out]

on other write ups I see this [below] which they say helps in removing the motor.

I think I may have seen a post or two somewhere, where they said the blower motor had to come out [DEAR GOD NO] and I could drop the WHOLE assembly out that way..... please tell me this is overkill

OH, she is a 1987 325is, I have fallen in love with BMW's all over again because of her, but would be nice to be able to drive in the rain >.<

These come up for sale regularly on e30tech.com. May be one in your area.

1990 535im 421,000 miles, 1987 325is, 1989 325is, 1990 m3, 1991 318is, 2001 X5 3.0

This thrusday I will be taking another crack at it, see how gently I can take that blower motor shroud off, I should be able to take the motor out then. but with all this rain we have been getting I am just driving my e34... also not really worth ALL the trouble if i dont have a replacement motor yet :S