GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Egged! on the freeway?

Default Egged! on the freeway?

My car has never been egged before. I try my hardest not to make enemies, but last night really perplexed me. Some creative misguided individuals were egging cars while driving down the freeway, and I was an unwitting target. Perhaps they singled me out because I had recently washed the 5er and despite the darkness of night and the recent rain, it was still glistening. I immediately washed down the passenger side of the car when I got home, the sticky egg goo forced me to use both automotive wash and bug/tar spray. Has anyone ever heard of people egging cars while barreling down the freeway? Is this a new evolution. I wish I had been more observant when it happened, but I never did figure out which car the egg came from. A Jeep Charokee exited moments after the SPLAT....seems like a likely suspect....a likely damned annoying suspect. Anyway, just venting.

thats why I carry guns!
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

Hey, I can relate. At least they weren't throwing bolts at your windshield, like some redneck did a couple years back when my wife pulled into traffic ahead of him. A-holes are everywhere. They're so common, the cops don't even try to deal with most of them. I'd say about one in five Americans would benefit from a good beating.

The idea of carrying guns reminds me of a former Racine resident named Adrial White. Some kids were breaking into his girlfriend's car in 2006, so he went out to confront the three guys with some steel in his hand. The situation got tense, and he found himself shooting. That's the problem with a gun -- if you have one, it's too easy to use when the justifiable scale isn't quite tipping in your direction.

Here's a segment from his court testimony: "I gave (the men) a warning that 'Hey, you got caught, you know. Run away. Get away from my home.' But when he turned and faced me, I mean, that drew a problem. After the second time I said, 'What the F are you doing?' So obviously they're not willing to run, they're willing to fight," he said.

You know the saying I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six? Adrial White was sentenced to life in prison for killing one of the three punks, who were not carrying deadly weapons. Last year he got a break, and was resentenced to nine years. Only 6 years to go.

Do you think Adrial White would like 30 seconds back from that night he went out in the alley?
    Last edited by Mr._Graybeard; 04-08-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Do you think Adrial White would like 30 seconds back from that night he went out in the alley?
    Wasnt he just living the American way?

Tragic.

"Humanity needs a beating" (love that one...) At least mostly anyhow. The insanity is that those on islands get it even less than anyone who's forced to live with the rest. America has made itself into an island fortress (just like Australia). The parts that aren't stormed by outsiders will be die from disease and other forms of internal decay. Guns and drugs are merly some of the symptoms that show up in the mid to late onset.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Glad no real damage. My son was hit on driver's side windhshield of an old van while driving home from Ole Miss to Lexington KY with a full beer/soda. It knocked a hole in the windshield and shattered glass everywhere in the interior. He was lucky to have not been killed. It happend not far out of Oxford and he drove all the way back to lexington, KY with the windshield like that.

Not a thing could be done about it. How can someone do that knowing they could kill another person.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

The craze for dropping bricks from motorway bridges seems to be on the wane. Unfortunately this is inversely proportionate to the number of loonies who want to jump off them. Thank goodness neither group has discovered what eggs are. Driving in the UK is a real joy

I pulled a prank like this when I was in high school many moons ago but in a more comical and less paint-damaging way. We used to get strawberry filled donuts and rolled them around in goose feathers and drop them off overpasses. People would think they hit a bird when the feathers and red goo splattered on the windshield

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

Actually, that's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyesTx View Post
    I pulled a prank like this when I was in high school many moons ago but in a more comical and less paint-damaging way. We used to get strawberry filled donuts and rolled them around in goose feathers and drop them off overpasses. People would think they hit a bird when the feathers and red goo splattered on the windshield

We had a spate of rock throwing and one fatality. The Police to their credit responded very well and caught the cretins concerned. Subsequent incidents got the same response and treatment. The magistrates also took a dim view so the message has been pretty clear.

Human stupidity knows no bounds.
    Geoff
    Sydney, Australia
    '94 525iA