GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Dirty car photoshoot

Default Dirty car photoshoot

Just 'cos we were there and a good mate had a camera:

You may laugh at the 205 being there, but it's an Mi16.

Will outhandle the 8 and the XKR in the dry, and outrun the 8 in a straight line too... doesnt have a hope in hell of catching the supercharged XKR mind! In the wet it's "fun" if you like near death experiences and cant keep up with either

An 'mi16' ? Tell me more!
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    The 205 GTi was only ever fitted with 8 valve engines "due to space constrictions"

Some people think that this isnt enough power, a 1.9 8v that 0-60s in under 6.5 seconds. Soooo, taking the bonnet off the auto car (you can see it's raised, whereas normal 205s have a flat bonnet) and the Mi16 1.9 16v engine out of the 405 GTi, they do a conversion.

It's not just the hp, it's the extra torque that makes these hilarious to drive - the 16v motor makes them tyre squealingly good fun to drive. Though in the wet you just end up spectacularly sideways all the time because they're FWD!

This one iirc is mated to the 1.6 gearbox which is quite short, makes it a very, very punchy car.

However he's got that "I want a 3.0 V6 conversion" glint in his eye at the moment, which is just insane territory...

'160bhp powered skateboard'. So described by a lunatic Frenchman as we hurtled round the Peripherique in his Golf VR6. Some things you stick in your mind

That is a nice collection of cars, the standard 205 GTi 1.9 is not to be sniffed at, with an Mi16 engine it must be one of the most fun ways of going through the pearly gates
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterboy15 View Post
    That is a nice collection of cars, the standard 205 GTi 1.9 is not to be sniffed at, with an Mi16 engine it must be one of the most fun ways of going through the pearly gates
    Hahaha, I just cut and paste that comment to him (the owner) and he's p***ing himself laughing now.

There was a moment of hilarity on the way back from snapping these photos, myself and the Jag were powering up the A34 sliproad side by side and both saw the 205 come around the corner behind us onto the slip under full power. Sideways.

We heard it before we saw it, it's a noisy bugger with the stock exhaust - we nearly ended up driving into each other we were laughing that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    '160bhp powered skateboard'. So described by a lunatic Frenchman as we hurtled round the Peripherique in his Golf VR6. Some things you stick in your mind
    Haha I like the sound of that!

Haha I like the sound of that!
    You mean the skateboard or the mad Frenchman? He had his mobile wired to air horns. Every time the fkg thing went off I jumped. Thats when he wasnt darting between lanes and diving up and down off/on ramps to beat traffic. One foot on the dash and the mobile glued to his ear I know the Champs Elysees is cobbled but the rest is just a blur

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    You mean the skateboard or the mad Frenchman? He had his mobile wired to air horns. Every time the fkg thing went off I jumped. Thats when he wasnt darting between lanes and diving up and down off/on ramps to beat traffic. One foot on the dash and the mobile glued to his ear I know the Champs Elysees is cobbled but the rest is just a blur
    Haha! Defo the combination for me This dude sounds like a right laugh!