GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Better gas mileage using cruise control?

Default Better gas mileage using cruise control?

I don't use cruise control much but decided to use it on my way back from Wisconsin. To alleviate my boredom during the long drive back, I started to play with the trip computer. To my amazement, I was getting 31 MPG @ 70 MPH?!? I never gotten such good MPG before but I don’t use cruise control much either. I turned off the cruise control and maintained the speed at 70 MPH. It dropped to 26.5 MPG. I turned the cruise control back on @ 70 MPH and it climbed back over 30 MPG! Just wondering if the computer controlled throttle is more efficient than I am?
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L View Post
    I don't use cruise control much but decided to use it on my way back from Wisconsin. To alleviate my boredom during the long drive back, I started to play with the trip computer. To my amazement, I was getting 31 MPG @ 70 MPH?!? I never gotten such good MPG before but I don’t use cruise control much either. I turned off the cruise control and maintained the speed at 70 MPH. It dropped to 26.5 MPG. I turned the cruise control back on @ 70 MPH and it climbed back over 30 MPG! Just wondering if the computer controlled throttle is more efficient than I am?
    I have noticed an increase in MPG when I use CC!

Just beware you don't fall asleep
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L View Post
    more efficient in spades. I was able to crack 36mpg US at 55mph using cruise and 50% ac in my non vanos 525i automatic.

ps..that's with the EAT, not stock of course.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."