GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any feedback or input on this M5?!

Default Any feedback or input on this M5?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...item25590f1f10

I know right off the bat that the race belts that have been drilled into the car is a bad sign...race car? Track car?!

Is it worth a look? Drive?
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

No reserve my ass.
    I think this one has the topic of discussion at bimmerforums E34 board.
    A ton of $$ for that car
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

there are less expensive, lower mileage e34 m5's on bimmerforums as well.

So I emailed the guy last night if the car has ever been tracked or raced (seeing that it has professional lap belts DRILLED into the car) and this is his response

"To my knowledge it hasn't been tracked in any way and shows no evidence of being so. My client whom I got it from is in his late 40's and has has it since it was a few years old and was his daily driver until about 5 years ago. Then it probably was driven a few thousand miles a year...
    Thanks,
    Josh"

I feel as though this car gets more fishy as questions are asked...I will stay away!
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

Quote Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE View Post
    So I emailed the guy last night if the car has ever been tracked or raced (seeing that it has professional lap belts DRILLED into the car) and this is his response

"To my knowledge it hasn't been tracked in any way and shows no evidence of being so. My client whom I got it from is in his late 40's and has has it since it was a few years old and was his daily driver until about 5 years ago. Then it probably was driven a few thousand miles a year...
    Thanks,
    Josh"

I feel as though this car gets more fishy as questions are asked...I will stay away!
    ask him about the belts, but refer to them as 'child seat tether belts' and see how he responds. that should be good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    ask him about the belts, but refer to them as 'child seat tether belts' and see how he responds. that should be good for a laugh.
    Ha!

I totally should...I'm sure he would be like that 40 year old had 3 kids and he wanted to make sure that they were 'SUPER DUPER' safe!!!! hahaha

price is very decent for those miles.

Would sell those E46 M3 wheels ASAP as it's not gonna be nice running 19's on it. Also very curios as to why the skirts are painted the same color as the car. They should be black on a silver car. Now, it should be said that you could order it from the factory with matching skirts. But that was very uncommon for the Euro M5's and even less common for the US cars if it got done at all.

No wood trim. Not sure if it's your style or not.

Price seems decent for the mileage. I'd seriously want to know if the valve clearances have been done when they should have been done. If not and the engine tries to eat the valves then you better have a big bank account for an engine rebuild.

Why an M5? From someone that's had a lot of driving experience with E34 M5's and E34 M-Sport's I can say that for everyday driving in a normal city environment the M-Sport is a much nicer car to be driving. Better low end power. Memory seats with auto-dip rear view mirror. No big $ bills for engine work (though the EDC suspension in an M-Sport is far from cheap). On the fly adjustable suspension in the M-Sport. Better leather in an M-Sport.

Buddy that's got a '93 M5 was a bit jealous of my M-Sport after I got it and he took it for a ride. Smoother & faster it is. And my M-Sport had 70% more miles on it than his M5 did.

M-Sport's don't cost as much to buy either.

Downsides to the M-Sport is the rarity making it hard to find one. And the price of replacing EDC stuff when you finally have to. And figuring out the right part can sometimes be fun as the M-Sport is a mix of 2 different M5's as well as the 540. Gotta look at a late 3.8 M5 for some stuff, early 3.8 or 3.6 for other stuff, 540 for something different, etc.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

I really like the M540i and to be honest I would prefer it way more than the M5 (dont have to deal with the valves) but they just seem to be impossible to find...

I found this one that I really like but the price is out of control and it has 4 owners

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1626374996.html

I was looking into the E39 540i M but they seem to be around 15-18K still...too rich for my blood as I like to make my purchases CASH as money talks a lot better than finance...

But then again I am no hurry to sell the E34 anymore...first I can't get anything for it and second after some suspension, fluid, and plug changes it feels like a different car...

kind of like a fat girlfriend going to the gym and getting hot like she use to be...I am falling for this car once again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast