GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5HP30 ATF Substitute

I don't see anything saying it is compatible to BMW fluid. It doesn't say full synthetic either.

http://www.eneos.us/product/6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I don't see anything saying it is compatible to BMW fluid. It doesn't say full synthetic either.

http://www.eneos.us/product/6
    Yeah, info is pretty sketchy. (Although the label on the bottle does say "FULLY SYNTHETIC." And the car hasn't had any BMW fluid in it for a long time.) I'm a little nervous about it, but the mechanic has a strong rep in the local BMWCCA chapter, of which I am a member. I know he stands behind his work.

So far, after about 150 miles, the trans feels pretty good. For the first time since I've owned the car, I can't feel a little bump when the torque converter unlocks. Of course, that may be the result of the new flex disc. Or, the melting clutches have given the drivetrain a more fluid feel.

the eneos is available to shops with a wholesale account from worldpac, my cost is 8.99 but i don't buy a lot from worldpac so my pricing is on a lower tier... I didn't see anything indicating that it met zf specs either on the website. I'll stick with castrol import atf which states clearly on the label that it does meet bmw specs for most of the bmw's that i change out. Plus its 4.59 a quart here in arizona at any checkers/oreilly's or autozone. Pepboys here carries it now also.
    Its approved for so many cars that i work on such as the toyota TIV and the honda atfz1 fluids that it makes it much easier for me not to have a dozen different types of fluid on hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12