GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Which One? <=/

Do you have limited slip or not? yes, pick the RP75w140, no, the 75w90. I've found that equivalent products in Mobil 1 are too thin and induce groan.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

You'll want 75w90 and you'll want to pick up either Royal Purple or Amsoil.

Reminds me I need to put the Amsoil in mine I've had for a bit. PO put RP in it which is why I'm in no hurry to change it out to the Amsoil. If it was something else in there I'd have changed it out to the Amsoil sooner.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

as far as the weights of the oils go I know which one I need... I am just not sure on the brand

I love Mobile 1 but I am starting to hear so bad things about them =/

I have yet to hear anything bad about RP besides the price
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

You only need to pick up 2 quarts, and you don't need to change it very often so spend the couple extra $ on the RP or Amsoil. The RP has worked very well in my M-Sport and I'm sure it's one of the contributing factors to the high MPG I see in highway use (29.5 MPG highway last I paid attention).
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    You only need to pick up 2 quarts, and you don't need to change it very often so spend the couple extra $ on the RP or Amsoil. The RP has worked very well in my M-Sport and I'm sure it's one of the contributing factors to the high MPG I see in highway use (29.5 MPG highway last I paid attention).
    cool Bubba...I think I will go with the RP as well...

Do you anything about their Tranny fluids? I was going to get Mobile 1 but now that I have been hearing sooo many bad things about them I am reconsidering it =/
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

I agree with Bubba about RP. I've got it in my M-Sport along with my son's '91 318iS and it's great. Compared to RedLine, it was really, really close. We just can get Redline locally anymore. But there's lots of good things they are saying about Royal Purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5 View Post
    I agree with Bubba about RP. I've got it in my M-Sport along with my son's '91 318iS and it's great. Compared to RedLine, it was really, really close. We just can get Redline locally anymore. But there's lots of good things they are saying about Royal Purple.
    I was going to go with Red Line initially but I researched that too and some were saying that the diff started to make noises during turns...so they had to add additives to the red line diff oil to make it better....

It seems like the more I research the more confused I get...so ironic! hahaha

The only thing that I know now for sure is that Lemforder is amazing! haha

Still lost regarding the tranny fluid too JR M5...like i mentioned to budda...i was going to get Mobile 1 but I read some bad stuff so now I am back to square 1 =(

why can't lemforder just make everything! haha