GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Plugging a brake line at the caliper for 2 weeks

Default Plugging a brake line at the caliper for 2 weeks

Was wondering if there was any way to plug the brake hose (where it attaches to the caliper) for the two week plus range. Would like to take two calipers for the e34 home with me to pro-actively rebuild them. Thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

The flexible hose screws straight into the caliper so if you are taking it off I imagine you will be disconnecting at the flexible to hard line joint where you can spin the nut? I've used a simple plastic tyre dust cap to plug the ends before but it all depends on the size of the flare on the pipe. Plastic bag and elastic band over the reservoir helps reduce fluid loss.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    The flexible hose screws straight into the caliper so if you are taking it off I imagine you will be disconnecting at the flexible to hard line joint where you can spin the nut? I've used a simple plastic tyre dust cap to plug the ends before but it all depends on the size of the flare on the pipe. Plastic bag and elastic band over the reservoir helps reduce fluid loss.
    I was thinking of not going further than the hose that connects to the caliper. I was hoping that there was some type of plug that would stop the loss completely, but that might be wishful thinking on my part. I don't want to come back to the car and see the entire resivoir/MC on the driveway...too lazy to want to bleed everything.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Bit slow today. Once you have slackened the hose connection, you could spin the caliper and hold the hose where it is with a spanner How about a piece of fuel hose and a couple of jubilee clips? Block one end up with a bolt and tighten the other end over the male part of the brake hose? I wouldnt mind bleeding the system again but getting air in the ABS is said to be a real PITA to sort

You should change your brake line while you are at it... if you do plan to change your brake line, then just crimp the old brake line with visegrip.

Brake lines are cheap.

bolt and washer trick.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

cork in the banjo fitting
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"