GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: tailight "illumination" upgrades :) E30

Default tailight "illumination" upgrades :) E30

hey guys,
    did a little upgrade to my tailights back covers.

now i have a bright cargo area and an extra set of brake lights ...

also listed a set on ebay ...
    Last edited by fporro; 06-11-2004 at 04:05 PM.

Unregistered Guest

hi guys,
    yes, is an oem part, it came in various e30 models, part number is correct 368 425 030 130 but is same for othe 2 versions without "window"

i also tought of using dios and different functions but decited to go simple since i usually brake more things than i actually fix/upgrade

notice that brake lights are brighter that "lights", also you can probly see inner light shining through plastic window.

there's still is an empty slot at pin/connector locations, have not look at actual harness plug but perhaps original "Fog" light wire it's there.

in case i need to use extra illumination then i just leave parking lights on until finish unloading, besides that is a cosmetic upgrade (at least for the inside)

once found a set of kick panels that someone added glove-box (square type) lights to them, they illuminated at same time as dome lights., pretty nice.

here's pic of them in action, also a shot from my local mntnbike trail atop malibu.
    (2,600ft on 4.5 miles, usually hit about 50 on it )

get a 2nd stock trunk lid light for the other slot on the lid and jumper it to the exsisting light, it works wonders, ill post some pics later when i have time
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

like this

another mod i like to do, replace the trunk light switch with a drivers door switch from a 7/900 series volvo, you can push it in and twist slightly to turn it off and when you close the trunk/door it resets, you need to shave a tiny bit of plastic off the sides to make it fit in the bimmers hole
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default 2nd light

I added the second light years ago, it works nice. That toolkit is the size of Texas, you must need oversize springs.

Warren
    91 318is
    95 525IT

it's from a older 5/7 series, the holes are in the trunk for it and the torsion bars handle it fine