GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID installed! :)

Default HID installed! :)

After long wait from DDM Tuning, HID kit finally came and just installed today. Low beam is 8000k 55w and fog light is 6000k 35w. And NO ERROR MESSAGE. It is noticeably brighter. I might need to adjust the lights a bit. Don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

I like the last picture!

Hard to tell what the difference is head on...

Looks like the fogs really help out - mine are stock and kind of worthless.

After you recheck your lights, drive a few weeks and see how many people flash lights at you. I have had my HID low beams for at least 2 years (35W) and only 1 time did i get flashed. I have new housings and adjusted them slightly down and to right to minimize impact to oncoming traffic.

That last picture makes me want to change my HID's to 55W! and my fogs to HID!

Congrats,
    Scott
    1995 BMW 525i w/139K miles, EAT Chip - (Gone)
    07 525i 22K, 07 328xi (41K)
    1982 Mazda RX-7 w/147K miles (Back again!)

Hi Rick, is there a link where you purchased them from?

Hi Scott,

Thanks. By looking at my car directly from the front (especially from a distant, lights are blinding). It is definitely brighter. If you look at the second from the last picture, where I took the picture from far away, you can see the brightness difference from my 100w spot-light mounted on the side of the garage to the head lights + fog lights of my car. Of course, spot lights are not pointing directly at me but still you can see the contrast. I would need to adjust for sure. I think fog lights make a difference. Fog lights brighten the surrounds (sides) where as the head lights seem more directional. Nowadays, HID kits are sooo cheap. It makes sense to do both head lights + fog lights.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    I like the last picture!

After you recheck your lights, drive a few weeks and see how many people flash lights at you. I have had my HID low beams for at least 2 years (35W) and only 1 time did i get flashed. I have new housings and adjusted them slightly down and to right to minimize impact to oncoming traffic.

Congrats,
    Scott
    RICK

Hi BigKriss,

Click the link below. I paid total price of $85 (55w low-beam HID kit + 35w fog-light HID kit + shipping).

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...parent=85&pg=1

I got the full ballast instead of slim. No error message!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
    Hi Rick, is there a link where you purchased them from?
    RICK

Maybe I'm the only one who noticed this, but with HID and fogs on, the foreground often seems so bright that it overpowers the light output farther down the road, making it harder to see what you're approaching, especially when the roads are white with salt or snow. I think one key thing that people overlook is that the placement of the light is as important or more important than the brightness. Aiming that intense light farther down only increases your own glare and your chances of over-driving your own lights. I find that I actually use my fog lights less now that I converted to HID. That being said, they sure do look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    I like the last picture!

Congrats,
    Scott

Thanks Rick. Those prices are seem really cheap. I'm after some low beam "euro" projectors (lenses) as one is cracked. What is the best ones to purchase in terms of value for money for e34's?

Looks like you have smiley ellipsoid headlights from your sig. I see many on ebay but you should keep original by replacing just the crack lens. Not sure on quality on some of these stuff on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
    Thanks Rick. Those prices are seem really cheap. I'm after some low beam "euro" projectors (lenses) as one is cracked. What is the best ones to purchase in terms of value for money for e34's?
    RICK

Okay thanks Rick. I will look around.
    Australian cars are like the european variety so most (ALL) had smiley projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L View Post
    Looks like you have smiley ellipsoid headlights from your sig. I see many on ebay but you should keep original by replacing just the crack lens. Not sure on quality on some of these stuff on ebay.

Blinding others? Hell you're gonna blind yourself off that snow

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast