GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Could This Be Related To....

+4 plugs has always been a bad idea... I heard lots of problems when people put them in.

Single electrode is the best... people say engine is even smoother with single electrode rather than the dual that factory use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    +4 plugs has always been a bad idea... I heard lots of problems when people put them in.

Single electrode is the best... people say engine is even smoother with single electrode rather than the dual that factory use.
    hmmm...

I have a feeling that I might be going to the OEM plugs...

Bubba I want to thank you for all your help and advice put I don't know if I can gamble with $40 to find out there was no improvement and the OEM were still better...

I am sad that the +4 are so crappy because they are the only plugs that I have used since I bought the car in 2001...

Now I feel like a dumb ass
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

Default Tps

I'm leaning towards Tiger's thoughts. However, the throttle control on your car is not actually electronic. It still has a physical cable connected to the pedal. You might want to check the throttle position sensor. Disconnect it from the harness and test the resistance as you open it. There might be a dead spot, which could momentarily confuse the engine control module.

I think it is because of electronic throttle control. The lag. When I stomp on the accelerator... it seemed like 1 second before all hell broke loose in a good way. LOL

Single ground strap (not single electrode as the electrode is in the center of the plug) might work better if using an iridium plug. But a standard style single ground strap plug runs just as bad as the +2 & +4 style plugs do.

Have tried single ground strap standard style plugs as well as the + style plugs and neither were any good. Wasn't going to spend $12/each on iridium plugs to see if they worked or not when I need 8 of them.

M60's & M50's work well with ground straps that come up along side the center electrode, not over top like a single ground strap or + style plug. And that is why I decided to give the E3's a shot as their ground strap is also a side mounted in relation to the electrode style plug. But the E3's have a very unique ground strap. And they work rather well in M60's & M50's in my experience.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

I have used E3 on chainsaw... it starts up real easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12