GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck, about to buy some FCP ignition coils

Default Wish me luck, about to buy some FCP ignition coils

for 129 and a supposed lifetime warranty i'll try them once. The equipment on my car is between 18 and 14 years old, and I need to do a freshening. Will report back. Even if i need to do a warranty swap, i still have at least 10 good coils in a box.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

they have all kind of qualities. I thought till recently they only sell the cheap stuff, but I found now their online shop (not the Ebay one) and they even have Meyle and Behr etc.
    http://www.fcpgroton.com/index-exec/...414/by_year/40

I checked with Rockauto.com and they have coils for $52 to $64 each. I put in 1993 525i.

$30 each at FCP? Damn!
    Last edited by Tiger; 01-05-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I checked with Rockauto.com and they have coils for $52 to $64 each. I put in 1993 525i.

$30 each at FCP? Damn!
    I think they have the v8 set for about 160 with free shipping on ebay. the prices are lower there. I had to pay 10% extra to get the lifetime warranty.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine View Post
    I think they have the v8 set for about 160 with free shipping on ebay. the prices are lower there. I had to pay 10% extra to get the lifetime warranty.
    FCP=fcuking crappy parts, I experienced enough of their nonsense, Ryan I truly wish you the best!
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 01-06-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    FCP=fcuking crappy parts, I experienced enough of their nonsense, Ryan I truly wish you the best!
    +1 on the crappy parts!

and another thing...they might have a lifetime warranty but check out how long it will take to get your parts? will you have to pay for shipping? how long will be the labor to change them out...

it all adds up...

i dont know about you guys but for me id rather pay a little more now than a lot later...

my 2 cents
    Last edited by BMW4LIFE; 01-06-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3314&dateline=1239168  877

Quote Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE View Post
    +1 on the crappy parts!

and another thing...they might have a lifetime warranty but check out how long it will take to get your parts? will you have to pay for shipping? how long will be the labor to change them out...

it all adds up...

i dont know about you guys but for me id rather pay a little more now or a lot later...

my 2 cents
    Exactly, 3 sets of control arms? I did get a final refund but what a waste of time. At least I got the replacement down to less than 45 min a side.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I certainly understand your sentiments, guys. I've had to shiatcan a thrust arm from them before. If it didn't take me no more than 7 minutes tops to change all 6 coils (and I didn't have a box of nominally working coils on standby) I wouldn't wander down this road. I might have to pay for return shipping, but if I can change em out every 25kmiles or so, when they invariably develop hairline cracks, at least twice, i'll eat the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine View Post
    I certainly understand your sentiments, guys. I've had to shiatcan a thrust arm from them before. If it didn't take me no more than 7 minutes tops to change all 6 coils (and I didn't have a box of nominally working coils on standby) I wouldn't wander down this road. I might have to pay for return shipping, but if I can change em out every 25kmiles or so, when they invariably develop hairline cracks, at least twice, i'll eat the inconvenience.
    let us know how this works out, sometimes parts are parts.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

FCP sent me an e-mail recently offering $20 off sales over $175, valid until 1/31.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast