GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spark plug

new injectors are cheap from five O group, dont remember off hand the exact site. If you need it let me know most the people here know who I'm talking about. PM me if no one else chimes in, I don't check here all the time anymore.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks for all your help and input.

I got a used injector from a friend who has a parts car (same year, same motor). I installed the injector, hooked everything elese back up and bang.....car started up right away and runs strong with no misfire.

The only issue I have right now is after the car reaches proper teperatures or gets to a stop light it stalls, unless I goose the gas pedal. I think it could be the ICV I have changed all the air hoses and I have tried 2 different AFM's. I installed a different throttle body aswell and have the same issue.

I am going to get and OHM meter tomorrow and check the ICV......but if anyone has any ideas it would be great. I did change the CPS 2 times and that did not resolve the issue. temperature sensor and sender have been changed aswell

Thanks
    1989 BMW 525 - M20--119,000.00-Original KM - now 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by specialguess View Post

I got a used injector from a friend who has a parts car (same year, same motor). I installed the injector, hooked everything elese back up and bang.....car started up right away and runs strong with no misfire.

The only issue I have right now is after the car reaches proper teperatures or gets to a stop light it stalls, unless I goose the gas pedal. I think it could be the ICV I have changed all the air hoses and I have tried 2 different AFM's. I installed a different throttle body aswell and have the same issue.

I am going to get and OHM meter tomorrow and check the ICV......but if anyone has any ideas it would be great. I did change the CPS 2 times and that did not resolve the issue. temperature sensor and sender have been changed aswell

Thanks
    Progress!

How 'gassy' does your oil smell? It may be so saturated with gasoline, that the car runs too rich at idle due to the PCV system.

I've 'cured' idle issues by just changing very old or gassy oil. You know the bad injector sprayed too much gas for the spark plug to fire off, so where did all that gas go? Into the oil is my guess.

So for the cost of an oil change, she very well may run right. If not, you did her a favor anyway as the oil is probably thinned out right now.

Good advice... once warm the oil is supplying more fuel vapour to the mix so the car will run rich. The ECU wil take that the wrong way and react badly. If not the oil, yo'll be missing a vacuum leak somwhere. Check the hoses adn the conectors very very carefully, it is very easy to miss such leaks.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by specialguess View Post

Thanks
    clean the ICV so that it moves freely. On the stalling issue, after you clean the ICV you need to reboot the computers to clear the codes and the computer will re-learn your engine again.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thats exactly backwards... once warm the computer no longer richens up the mixture like it does for cold start and warmup. So if you have a vacum leak like a hose or gasket, its no longer getting extra fuel to make up for that leak and the extra air getting into the engine unmetered. The engine then tends to stall at idle because its too lean not too rich.

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
    Good advice... once warm the oil is supplying more fuel vapour to the mix so the car will run rich. The ECU wil take that the wrong way and react badly. If not the oil, yo'll be missing a vacuum leak somwhere. Check the hoses adn the conectors very very carefully, it is very easy to miss such leaks.

I cleaned the ICV checked the OHM's "40-41 on the outer pins 20-21 on the middle and the other pins"

How do you reboot the computer disconnect battery or is there another trick to this.

Thanks

Just disconnect battery and turn key on to drain system completely of power.

Thanks I will do that before I head out this afternoon. I haven't driven too far since I fixed it. I will let you guys know the end results when I get back.

Thanks

still wants to stall at the traffic light.....can't find a leak in any of the intake hoses...what about that pipe that runs under the intake maifold to the engine block, will this cause my problem.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast