GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hazard flashers come on by them selves

Default Hazard flashers come on by them selves

All I did is installed new batteries to my IR key, tried to reprogram the key but failed with that job and this thing happend the same day. While I was sitting inside, my nieghbor rang the bell and told me that I forgot the hazard flasher of my car on. I went out to see and it was on but the hazard button was off, tried to turn it on and off but nothing happend,turning on the ignition didn't help, eventually I ended up by unpluging the relay responsible for the turn signals and hazard, after one hour I plugged it back and everything was fine until the next day, while I turned on the igniton, the hazard flasher came on again and I needed to unplug the damn relay again.
    The car has the european version IR alarm system. I was wondering if this hick up happend because I messed with the alarm system or it's just a coincidence? any ideas would be appreciated.

I dont have the IR remote but had the problem you describe once. It was certainly the alarm. The horn didnt sound but the hazards came on. This was after I reconnected the battery. I closed all windows, switched off the interior lights and held down the switch under the back seat while I connected up again. Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    I dont have the IR remote but had the problem you describe once. It was certainly the alarm. The horn didnt sound but the hazards came on. This was after I reconnected the battery. I closed all windows, switched off the interior lights and held down the switch under the back seat while I connected up again. Worked for me.
    Hmmmmm. When I bought the car back in six years, the hazard was not working unlike both the right and left turn signals, few days later I found out there is a crooked pin in the relay, putting that pin in it's place solved the problem of the hazard flashers, I thought this crooked pin happened by mistake not on purpose, I also remember very well the guy telling me about synchronizing the key with the vehicle. Now this is making sense to me.