GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Fuel rail pressure?

Default Fuel rail pressure?

Getting ready to pull the intake again to replace the front gasket. When I removed the fuel hose there was no pressure, was full of fuel but no pressure. Regulator on the other side of the rail?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

HUGE front gasket leak, 4 air bugles sitting at the back of the intake... man stuff is going on here.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    HUGE front gasket leak, 4 air bugles sitting at the back of the intake... man stuff is going on here.
    Jeff... it's the feds

the early intakes seem to **** the air ducts down into the plenum, i can't remember if that thing runs 3 or 3.5 bar but it should have at least a little residual pressure if run recently, i generally find the v8s blow gas all over the place like no other bmw when you crack a line. i thought about you the other day when i was doing the intake connectors on a 850ci and wondered if yours had shriveled up yet
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

3 bar at the M70 engine, 3.5 bar at the M60 engine.
    I suspect the check valve is the problem.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...=fuel+pressure

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    3 bar at the M70 engine, 3.5 bar at the M60 engine.
    I suspect the check valve is the problem.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...=fuel+pressure
    Thanks for the link, probably check valve then. I'll worry about it if I get hard starting issues.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by winfred View Post
    the early intakes seem to **** the air ducts down into the plenum, i can't remember if that thing runs 3 or 3.5 bar but it should have at least a little residual pressure if run recently, i generally find the v8s blow gas all over the place like no other bmw when you crack a line. i thought about you the other day when i was doing the intake connectors on a 850ci and wondered if yours had shriveled up yet
    Yeah, last time I did this 2 were rolling around. One actually fell out when I took the rear plate off. PCV plate, those things just a passage from the intake to the crank? Mine flows freely both ways which surprised me. The valve itself functions if you put vacuum to the little port on the bottom outside. Didn't spend any time researching it since I had no electricity and put it together in the dark (Challenging indeed!). Seems to run stronger and didnt even hunt for isle or throw a code, new world order I guess.

850? Intake connectors? WTF is that? I have check engine light on and cant read codes with the stomp test and would like to fix that error so I can sell the thing soon. Still want to replace the thrust/control arms since they are paid for and laying around. Dont want to sell junk on Ebay like everyone else.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

these things are rubber coated aluminum pieces that bolt to the head and the intake bolts to them, two per side, round a bill a pop, theres a couple rubber lines that crack up too that go from the two vent solenoids by the right distributor cap to below each throttle body, you can use 1/4" id vacuum line for those or fuel line. i always found it amusing that the can of lubromoly vacuum leak detector spray had a image of a m70 on it, but i don't think they make it any more because i can't find a pic in the current product line
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

these http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/V1...le/Image85.jpg
    count with a full day
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/V1...ughIdleFix.htm

No need to replace them when they have cracks. Cost you about $500. So far we have fixed them all with liquid gasket, and that is really no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    these http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/V1...le/Image85.jpg
    count with a full day
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/V1...ughIdleFix.htm

No need to replace them when they have cracks. Cost you about $500. So far we have fixed them all with liquid gasket, and that is really no problem.
    Again excellent info!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy