GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Blower motor not working, when in car but works when hard wired to a battery

Default Blower motor not working, when in car but works when hard wired to a battery

7/89 build date e34 535

Problem: My blower motor blew, and I replaced it with another used blower motor that ran well for about 3 or 4 months, and then it too died (but works when hooked to an external battery).

What Ive tried:
    I have tested the car's leads to the blower motor and they read 12V, then I hard wired the blower motor to a 12V external battery and the motor works. I have two used blower motors that I tried this to and they both work.

I have been reading through the archives and trying to see if anyone has the exact same problem as mine, but most say that they have problems with just the fan speed (resistor/sword) and not with the motor not running at all.

Tickin' Red Bomb

Sword... they do die and yet the motor is still good. Your car doesn't have the resistor pack like the later model would have.

Usually when the sword goes, you can still get the high fan speed.

How's the fuse? mine has popped a few times

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

I pulled the sword out tonight and was tried to see if anything looked fried....It seems that one of the Mosfets has melted the gold external coating.....Ordered a board from vines auto ($75) im a bit too lazy to tear it all apart and dont have the time. Plus Ol' man winter is knockin in Ohio. Hope this solves it....Thanks for the suggestions

Tickin' Red Bomb

I have the resistor pack not the sword, but I had mine work on 4 only even with the new resistor pack. I ended up replacing the fan switch on the dash and it worked perfectly fine after that. So I would also check your fan switch.

good luck
    Al
    91 535iA

Quote Originally Posted by Asamaan View Post
    I have the resistor pack not the sword, but I had mine work on 4 only even with the new resistor pack. I ended up replacing the fan switch on the dash and it worked perfectly fine after that. So I would also check your fan switch.

good luck
    Al
    91 535iA
    If you search back under my name there's a repair guide I put together for the switch a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    If you search back under my name there's a repair guide I put together for the switch a long time ago.
    I bought a remanufactured sword from vines auto for 75 and it solved my problem. Thanks for the info though as I will fix my broken sword and throw it on the shelf.

Tickin' Red Bomb