GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Will carsoft do this?

Default Will carsoft do this?

I have some relatively simple tasks for which I am thinking of buying the carsoft rig to deal with.

all i'd like to do is:

read the abs codes and reset the light
    read the transmission codes and possibly reset them
    read the srs codes and reset them
    and read general engine faults.

I'm not seeing too much confidence in people about what it says it can do on the box, and what it can actually do. the car is a 1992 525i, made in 7/91 us car with the 4l30 gm transmission and an m50 non vanos engine.
    i'd like to buy something that can do both the srs and abs resets, but the peake tools don't seem to do this with regularity on older cars. thanks.

also--i have an older machine with a serial port, so that is dealt with already.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

It has been years since I used my Carsoft for MB and lately, I cannot get that thing to work anymore... seems like a virus is built into that hack software when I try to reinstall it... don't know. Forget about the Carsoft hacks you see on ebay.

ABS, SRS and Transmission code is one step higher and requires the "extra". If you do want to buy something for other than 1995 and older cars, go with Autoenginuity software... reasonable price. They do have deep BMW support functions but only to certain older year BMWs, but this is futureproof. If you do buy one, specify CAN BUS
    equipped car... for some reason,t hey don't make this automatic. They use USB and all future update is free.

Read all about it at Autoenginuity.com

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine View Post
    I have some relatively simple tasks for which I am thinking of buying the carsoft rig to deal with.

all i'd like to do is:

read the abs codes and reset the light
    read the transmission codes and possibly reset them
    read the srs codes and reset them
    and read general engine faults.

I'm not seeing too much confidence in people about what it says it can do on the box, and what it can actually do. the car is a 1992 525i, made in 7/91 us car with the 4l30 gm transmission and an m50 non vanos engine.
    i'd like to buy something that can do both the srs and abs resets, but the peake tools don't seem to do this with regularity on older cars. thanks.

also--i have an older machine with a serial port, so that is dealt with already.
    I have two carsoft interfaces. I bought 1 (following a thread) from here:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...549~r.84786247
    Neither of them will communicate with my ABS module. I dont have SRS so I cant speak for that. They both WILL read transmission and engine codes and erase them. But both interfaces said I have a mysterious tranny error which they wouldnt erase. Actually, I dont: I built a kit from here and it says so:-)
    http://ecubb.bmwecu.org/board/index.php
    IMHO Carsoft is great. It takes about 5 mins to install and you are good to go. But the ones you get cheap are not totally reliable. IIRC original software is about £2K. Then again you have to be a member of a secret society and serve an apprenticeship to get the other one going
    If you decide to go down that route let me know. I wouldnt have got mine going without help from another board member

I think the best case with carsoft is being able to read and reset DME faults and rolling up and down your windows through the computer. I can't remember if the second interface whiskychaser refers to can reset abs, srs, and transmission faults as i have not had a car with those errors to try the interface on.

The cheapo carsoft 6 interface that I have will do all of that for me. I quite often find that there are bugs with it and it wont talk to a module in some cars. In one car it won't talk to the ecu and another car it wont talk to abs. It does work with about 95% of the different modules I've tried to use it with. I think I've used it on about 10 different cars now.