GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Buying advice

annonymous Guest

Default Buying advice

Evenin all,

This is my first post on this website so will apologize in advance for all the questions. Have registered as londonE34 but it won't let me post when loged in? Basically I'm after buying my first BM & want an E34. I'm after an 540i V8 but will look at anything from a 530 upwards excludin M5 for financial reasons. Is there anything major I need to look out for when buyin an E34? Ideally I want a '96 one so I get ABS, passenger airbag etc, of the ones I've seen advertised the lowest milage was 74k on a L '94 plate. Am a pretty able mechanic but don't really wanna be doin much to the car. Any advice on any aspect of the following cars would be greatly appreciated:

530i V8
    535i V6
    540i V8

Thanks in advance...

Unregistered Guest

RobPatt Guest

you may be limiting yourself... if you find one, why not drive a 93+ 525im (that's the 5 speed). No pass airbag, but you get the good M50Tu, low maintenance motor which has a decent fun factor when coupled to the 5 speed. I'd just recommend you try it out. -Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by annonymous
    Evenin all,

This is my first post on this website so will apologize in advance for all the questions. Have registered as londonE34 but it won't let me post when loged in? Basically I'm after buying my first BM & want an E34. I'm after an 540i V8 but will look at anything from a 530 upwards excludin M5 for financial reasons. Is there anything major I need to look out for when buyin an E34? Ideally I want a '96 one so I get ABS, passenger airbag etc, of the ones I've seen advertised the lowest milage was 74k on a L '94 plate. Am a pretty able mechanic but don't really wanna be doin much to the car. Any advice on any aspect of the following cars would be greatly appreciated:

530i V8
    535i V6
    540i V8

Thanks in advance...