GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: this liqui-moly advert. a little too rich, no?

Default OT: this liqui-moly advert. a little too rich, no?

look at the before and after pic. if it can really do that, i'm gonna go out and buy a gross of the stuff.

http://www.liquimoly-direct.co.uk/us...ngineflush.pdf
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

just so i don't look suspicious, i don't have any fiduciary interest in this company.

but here is the youtube video, with what looks like a before and after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m8RiWe8vNU

i think i might throw away 10-14$ on a can of this stuff on the m50 at the next oil change after i do a ring cleaning. i have to drop the pan anyways, so i can clean the screen out afterward.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Carbon deposits in the engine
    Contamination from oil carbon and sludge frequently builds up in gasoline and diesel engines. (See photo).
    I have never had this, they say frequently? Do you have a build up actually?
    If not, why do you want to use stuff against something which you do not have?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    I have never had this, they say frequently? Do you have a build up actually?
    If not, why do you want to use stuff against something which you do not have?

my american car (10 year old 3L v6 pushrod) seems very sensitive to oil contamination--the oil pressure light at startup complains when the oil is getting too old. the m50 had a tick after continuous running (5+ hours) in city driving. i figure it couldn't hurt to try the stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine View Post
    look at the before and after pic. if it can really do that, i'm gonna go out and buy a gross of the stuff.

http://www.liquimoly-direct.co.uk/us...ngineflush.pdf
    Google for Auto-Rx engine cleaning. It is a gentle two stage clean and rinse process that seemed to clean my engine a bit. The entire process takes 2000-4000 miles. it certianly left small soft particles in the oil filter during teh clean and rinse process.

That said, ligumoly (sp) is considered a quality company.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

If the stuff goes in the crankcase then how is it supposed to clean piston tops?
    WATER will remove the carbon deposits on pistons.
    The "sludge" in the before picture looks suspiciously contrived, as if the engine was sprayed with tar. Perhaps a better resolution picture would reveal this as actual built up deposits.
    Anything strong enough to remove THAT in ten minutes would certainly ruin any lubricating ability of the oil. And if it did the filter would certainly be overwhelmed immediately so either be bypassed allowing all that crap to circulate or completely starve the engine for oil.
    A bit rich? No doubt.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

And it even put the timing chain back on... miracle stuff

Beware the marketing evil-genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R. View Post
    And it even put the timing chain back on... miracle stuff
    thanks Bill, I did not yet notice that! Then of course I will buy it

If it ain't no good on the outside, it can't be good on the inside... therefore the punters will stump up the cash.

My guess- the stuff is chockablock full of strange addititves that help to lubricate whils the oil becomes a transport agent for some weird acidic cocktail. All taht stuff about no solvents... sure, but they only make oil thinner. Something needs to act on the sludge, expecially if it can clean a head as good as an acid bath!

Great thread btw Ryan, I too am too suspicious to plump for something like this. That ad is snake oil enough to allow this debate to roar on for a few pages yet- nad leaves you wondering if it could be possible to be live more happily wth the thought that under the rocker cover it at least 'looks like new'... LOL

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast