GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: Are Reputation Points important?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are important, and I practice evaluating posts as much as I can

0 0%
  • Yes, they are important, but I am not in the habit of evaluating posts

0 0%
  • No, they re not important

2 66.67%
  • I don't care

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputation Points

Default Reputation Points

?

deleted air conditioning

In a forum seldom used anymore I think the point system is irreverent. In days gone by not needed because every bad post was negated by the active real posters. At this time it is nixed.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Jeff

deleted air conditioning

I think you may be able to dispense with formalities. If I see a post by, let's say, Rustam, Regal or Shogun, will I read it? Very likely. Will I have the patience to respond to a question about fitting eyes to an E34? Possibly not. I like to read articles by people who have gone beyond what you can look up on the net. Those who have gone beyond what the book says and in many cases, documented it for posterity.
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

This forum is a relic with many past website names which didn't help things at all. Most of the good stuff is still here via a google search (V-bullitin search somewhat sucks). When searching for stuff I do find things here from days gone by.

There are 2 threads that I can not find, the one with the guy that couldn't remove his gas peddle and broke his blinker, Hilarius, I laugh thinking of that thread. The other was Gayles thread on selling her car, included the verbiage she used in her ad.

If anyone can find either of these I would be eternally grateful.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

To mention V-bullitin has an option of thanking members for whatever reason, this is what was intended when I requested it not reputation points. Would suck though, I have 10K+ posts and would have maybe 1 or 2 thanked posts LOL. Would be funny though.

On other forums those thanks really do help decipher BS posters from real posters.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

hey Jeff im sure I've thanked you more than 2 times for something or rather over the years, god knows you have helped so much more than that, it used be a very active site and I recall when shootin down was required it was swift and decisive, remember UKM5. that was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    This forum is a relic with many past website names which didn't help things at all. Most of the good stuff is still here via a google search (V-bullitin search somewhat sucks). When searching for stuff I do find things here from days gone by.

There are 2 threads that I can not find, the one with the guy that couldn't remove his gas peddle and broke his blinker, Hilarius, I laugh thinking of that thread. The other was Gayles thread on selling her car, included the verbiage she used in her ad.

If anyone can find either of these I would be eternally grateful.
    What past website names?

I just dropped in for a visit after a year or so!

Here is a recent video of me at the track for your viewing enjoyment!

URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Too bad I can't embed that video. Is the S38 B36 stock, camed, chipped? Trans? gear? I'm into details, Compression ratio, fuel injectors, exhaust setup, ignition/difference in chip or programmed...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Too bad I can't embed that video. Is the S38 B36 stock, camed, chipped? Trans? gear? I'm into details, Compression ratio, fuel injectors, exhaust setup, ignition/difference in chip or programmed...
    It only has one of my chips and all the rest is stock, except for a bigger front sway bar and bilstein shocks all around. No other mods

here is a video from 3 weeks earlier (Sept 23)

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/107086319" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/107086319">Passed by a BMW 3.0 CSL at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park)</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user618094">Mark D&#039;Sylva</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

if it did not embed properly, use this link:
    Last edited by MarkD; 10-24-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast