GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anyone with experience replacing heater core on M50 (not 20/poss M30).....

Default anyone with experience replacing heater core on M50 (not 20/poss M30).....

or possibly the m60, i'm not sure. I phoned BeeEmmAyy today and inputted the parts number for the heater core connector tubes. Yves said that the m20/30 were the only ones with intermediate tubes between the aluminum intake orifaces and the heater core, my car's intake orifaces were integrated into the heater core. can somebody with experience confirm/deny this?
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

ryan, I have a complete a/c unit (the main housing assembly w/ evap & heater cores & blower motor) from my wrecked M50 1995 525i I took the A/C unit out as a complete deal and it's sitting here in my work shop. Tell me exactly what to take digital shots of and I'll send them your way, if it will help.
    I was under the impression that the heater cores were the same in these vehicles, as long as it was the 525, 535 models w/ the IHKR II or III systems. Thought the differences came into play with the V-8 having the IHKA system.... Let me know and I'll do what I can.
    1991 535i 176k (under serious surgery: repaint, interior swap, manual conversion, etc.)
    1993 750iL 132k

thanks a lot...what i am trying to find out is if the pipes that connect the coolant to the heater core are one piece on my car. note the picture, if they were two piece, there would be a seperate detachable piping section like this. im trying to reconcile where all of the antifreeze would be spilling out if the tubes were one piece (and couldn't break in the manner they could if they were seperate). a picture of these lines from your extricated unit would be very appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

On a M60 the 3 one piece aluminum pipes from the firewall to the heater core will develop leaks where they connect to the heater core. I just replace my heater core & aluminum pipes 2 weeks ago. I almost wished the M60 had the 2 piece pipes cause it woulda been a lot easier to do, navigating the 3 one piece pipes out & back in... oh boy.... but a 2 piece setup is more prone to fail so.... I dont know if the M50 engine has one or two piece, varies by year maybe?

I'm @ work, but will get the pictures tonight and post them. I guess I'll have to check my heater core & piping while I've got the dash out!
    1991 535i 176k (under serious surgery: repaint, interior swap, manual conversion, etc.)
    1993 750iL 132k