GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMW paper brochures -no more?

Default BMW paper brochures -no more?

Have you noticed you can no longer order BMW paper brochures from BMW NA. Are they a thing of the past or just limited to picking them up from the dealer. That is if you "look" worthy enough.

I was not happy at all that BMW also canceled the "drive for the cure" for 2009. I heard they canceled part of the 2008 drive as well.

Not sure I like ther direction that BMW is going even given our poor economy we have here in the US.
    Last edited by Russell; 08-25-2009 at 04:51 AM.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

new ways they explore. Here is the Ebay!!!! Germany website of the BMW Niederlassung Munchen (so a BMW owned branch office) which offers on Ebay Germany since some days. Looks like they try to get rid of old stock or returns. There were 3 original AC compressors for E34/E32 for EURO 199 bargain prices, these were meanwhile all bought up by the members of the German 7-Forum, but if you are in urgent need of a complete sets of new pistons for a BMW Isetta, that is still on sale
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Original-BMW-Iset...4.c0.m14.l1262
    and much more
    http://stores.shop.ebay.de/BMW-Niede...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
    Last edited by shogun; 08-24-2009 at 09:22 PM.

They don't ship outside Germany, however!

well, that is the problem in most countries, sellers do not like to ship outside their country, in USA I have the same problem. Often I have to ask someone in the U.S. to buy for me and then ship from his home to me after they shipped to his address.
    Why do you not ask them if they ship overseas? Maybe they have never thought about that to sell outside Germany. They just started as you can see from the 110 or so sales records

In each offer there you see on the right side:

Verkäuferinformationen
    bmw-nl-muenchen ( 106) 100%
    Frage stellen
    Andere Artikel aufrufen
    Shop

Frage stellen = ask the seller a question

English will do. Ask them to select the cheapest shipping by using
    www.posttip.de
    maybe they will refuse cheapest as no tracking possibility, but if they agree you can save a lot of $.
    For example 10 kg costs you 44 EURO as Paket International and takes abt. 12 days, and most expensive is Express in 1-2 days for 272.51 EURO
    In between
    EURO78.00>>98.00>>>>
    http://www.posttip.de/paket-rechner/...top4&x=40&y=13

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    Why do you not ask them if they ship overseas? Maybe they have never thought about that to sell outside Germany.
    I assumed it was part of the franchise agreement, to protect BMW's partners worldwide and their franchised dealers.

BMW have always been the same, I remember at the 1989 motor show in the UK the lady on the BMW stand refused to give me a brochure when the other stands couldn't give enough away. My dad told her that the kids are your future BMW drivers and that they should get one, little did he know.......

anyway she gave me one and its the best one in my collection, I've sold loads off now but that one I will keep.
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe